ASR and ESP error

Currently reading:
ASR and ESP error

GARETH Seaborne

Hello all. I recently purchased an 04 plate Stilo Abarth
Tonight the engine fault warning came on, ESP and ASR failure popped up and it now sounds like a spitfire.
It still drives, but it’s very loud and I think I can feel a vibration coming from under the seat.
Oh, and the yellow engine icon turns on and off.
Please help, I’ve only had it a week.
Many Thanks
Gareth

Hello all. I recently purchased an 04 plate Stilo Abarth
Tonight the engine fault warning came on, ESP and ASR failure popped up and it now sounds like a spitfire.
It still drives, but it’s very loud and I think I can feel a vibration coming from under the seat.
Oh, and the yellow engine icon turns on and off.
Please help, I’ve only had it a week.
Many Thanks
Gareth

Hi,
Welcome to Fiat forum.
1/ If you bought it from a trader / dealer take it back and get them to fix it.
2/ The symptoms sound like more than one fault, but they could have common cause. A ESP/ASR fault will not cause noise. I sspect tou may have an exhaust system leak and it has damaged wiring of an ECU. First thing is a good visual inspection (engine not running) All covers etc off and have a good look round with a torch and "mirror on a stick" (if you have one) Especially around exhaust system. Then stat engine and look again but be very wary of moving parts and belts.
3/ It is very difficult for others to give advce remotely. We on't know the car, it;s history or your skill level and tools available.

Robert G8RPI>

Back