General are Coupe really only worth £750?

Currently reading:
General are Coupe really only worth £750?

there is a 1998 20v turbo in the village for sale at a bargainous £750
it is on 121k miles and the boot is flaking but otherwise looks pretty good and in standard condition on original rims
and it is green

what are these worth in parts?

i was toying with the idea of a 20v turbo, then i got a quote of £1200 to insure it! im 30 with a clean licence and a garage... in a few years when you can get them on classic insurance im sure there value will go up, not too much i hope cos i really want one.

Just been offered a scabby one for £350 with an mot. It has a big history file as well. Would only buy this for a fun rally abroad. Would love a mint one and feel they will only go one way in price in the years to come....will spend more time reading the info in the section....(y)(y)

The problem with Fiats like the coupe, is although the car may be brilliant the badge still despite it's recent history conjures up images of rusting 70s cars with dodgy electrics, So most people are put off. As a buyer it's good news, but for the preservation of the cars and sellers it's not good. :(

i was toying with the idea of a 20v turbo, then i got a quote of £1200 to insure it! im 30 with a clean licence and a garage... in a few years when you can get them on classic insurance im sure there value will go up, not too much i hope cos i really want one.

Speak to Peter James - they are already insuring several Coupes on full classic policies with agreed values (assuming it's actually used as a classic that is!). Difficult to tell how much mine is costing as it's mixed in with loads of others, but can't be more than £100 (y)

Prices are all over the place at present, but there are lots of thrashed, crashed and rubbish examples out there. Good ones are few & far between but the prices are going only one way for those cherished ones long term. Bearing in mind a new bonnet is £800, a whole car for £350 is ridiculous :eek:

Speak to Peter James - they are already insuring several Coupes on full classic policies with agreed values (assuming it's actually used as a classic that is!). Difficult to tell how much mine is costing as it's mixed in with loads of others, but can't be more than £100 (y)

Prices are all over the place at present, but there are lots of thrashed, crashed and rubbish examples out there. Good ones are few & far between but the prices are going only one way for those cherished ones long term. Bearing in mind a new bonnet is £800, a whole car for £350 is ridiculous :eek:

thanks for the info, shame i decided to buy a restoration project instead, but i will have one soon im sure:D

Thanks to the recession (the biggest economic depression since the second world war but we'll call it a "credit crunch" so people don't worry about it as much) the coupe, hot hatch and sports car market has bottomed out. So many Fiat Coupe's became "Council Estate Chic" and as a result the model became undervalued.

Sublime cars and the 16V turbo is (in my opinion) one of the best handling front wheel drive cars I have ever owned.

I'd like a 16V Turbo with Brembo brakes, in Portofino Blue and cream leather interior please. ;)

You can pay as little as £300 or up to 8 grand for a coupé (yes, really!) I paid somewhere in the middle for my Plus but it is in exceptional condition. It's the upkeep and running costs that'll be the downfall. You think buying a car for a 'monkey' will be cheap to run, but it's anything but!

I'd like a 16V Turbo with Brembo brakes, in Portofino Blue and cream leather interior please. ;)

you're going to be searching for ever, or you'll have to build it yourself. The 16v never came in Porto and it never had the Brembos AND I've only ever seen two Coupes with cream leather

Back