Technical Arduino Can-Bus

Currently reading:
Technical Arduino Can-Bus

Hi, all. I has been a long time since I have been on this forum (Fiat Cinq in 2009!) but I just couldn't keep away. I've now got a couple of Sei Mich Sch - one red and one yellow. Now in 2009 I always wanted to do a 1.4Tjet conversion but never got around to it.
I am now. So, I have a 2007 Bravo TJet which I have removed the immobiliser with a Julie enumerator and had it remapped to ~190bhp. Now the question I have is is there any way to get rid of the canbus error codes which pop up when I cut the H-L wires, or is there any canbus data that is needed by the ecu for it to function properly? Other than I loose steering, revs, temp and everything canbus related the car seems to boost up the same and hit the limiter as normal.
I appreciate the rev counter and temp light are issues without the canbus network but I can get round them I think quite easily.

I have bought a Sparkfun canbus shield and red board but no matter what I try I cannot get the example ecu file to load without error.
Any help would be very much appreciated!!
Joel.

Hi, all. I has been a long time since I have been on this forum (Fiat Cinq in 2009!) but I just couldn't keep away. I've now got a couple of Sei Mich Sch - one red and one yellow. Now in 2009 I always wanted to do a 1.4Tjet conversion but never got around to it.
I am now. So, I have a 2007 Bravo TJet which I have removed the immobiliser with a Julie enumerator and had it remapped to ~190bhp. Now the question I have is is there any way to get rid of the canbus error codes which pop up when I cut the H-L wires, or is there any canbus data that is needed by the ecu for it to function properly? Other than I loose steering, revs, temp and everything canbus related the car seems to boost up the same and hit the limiter as normal.
I appreciate the rev counter and temp light are issues without the canbus network but I can get round them I think quite easily.

I have bought a Sparkfun canbus shield and red board but no matter what I try I cannot get the example ecu file to load without error.
Any help would be very much appreciated!!
Joel.
If you have the whole donorcar and whole receptor,why not swap all the components over?

Hi, mainly because the whole car is canbus driven, the clocks, fusebox, everything.
I jacked the front of the car up this afternoon and ran it up in 5th with the canbus wires cut whilst holding it back on the knackered brakes. It doesn't seem to have any speed related power cut like I thought it would without a abs speed signal. Throttle body was at 100% as was the calculated torque. Boost was holding 1.55bar quite happily, which is not something I could say about the brakes.

So it seems I just need to drag a rpm signal out from somewhere to power the original seicento rev counter and some sort of trigger for the temperature warning light on the dash.
Also I have DTC u1700 and u1706 about a lack of canbus which is triggering the eml.
That's the part I'm not sure about shutting up.
Can you tell a ECU it's not canbus anymore??!!

Back