Technical Anyone know what this Twin Air engine part is?

Currently reading:
Technical Anyone know what this Twin Air engine part is?

OliMan74

Hi everyone,

2011 Twin Air.

Small unit with pipe out of top connecting to small flexi hose which in turn connects to a small metal hose.

Ours is damaged and needs replacing.

I think it's something that the turbo relies upon as the engine has lost its puff.

1000004529.jpg

Solution
Hi all, firstly, thank you for looking at this, it's very much appreciated.

I was more interested in knowing what the cylindrical unit is (highlighted within the blue circle of the image in my original post) that the short rubber hose connects to as the little metal pipe that sticks out the top of the unit has a split in it at its base so I was looking to buy a replacement.

But at the moment it's a replacement 'what' as I do not know what to refer to it as.

Does anyone know what it's referred to as?

Cheers.
This;
The info thats missing to help people try to identify? this with you is WHERE IS THE OTHER END/PEICE OF THE COMPONENT and where does it go to?
if you can tell the forum this you will be more likely to get helpful answers!

The info thats missing to help people try to identify? this with you is WHERE IS THE OTHER END/PEICE OF THE COMPONENT and where does it go to?
if you can tell the forum this you will be more likely to get helpful answers!

If I have identified it correctly the short rubber hose joins to a metal pipe here;
1701944625037.png

and thence, by a convulated path, to here;
1701944702196.png

Last edited:

I was more interested in knowing what the cylindrical unit is (highlighted within the blue circle of the image in my original post) that the short rubber hose connects to as the little metal pipe that sticks out the top of the unit has a split in it at its base so I was looking to buy a replacement.

But at the moment it's a replacement 'what' as I do not know what to refer to it as.

Cheers.

Cheers.

If the metal stub tube is split /broken you either repair the split with epoxy resin in situ or have a complete turbo assembly fitted.
The round thing (boost controller) is likely matched to the turbo during assembly.

Cheers.
This;

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Solution
Excellent! Thank you very much.

I had looked up turbo actuator but results just showed me the plastic module that sits under the engine cover.

Now I can get the mechanic we use to fix as he was not able to match up the part number to anything.

Thank you again

Agree if the metal pipe to body of actuator is broken seal with Epoxy, but first confirm its actually leaking rather than just looking "broken"? A simple large syringe connected with a short pipe would be enough to test it, in situ?
How long has the pipe(rubber) been missing broken off in picture?

Back