General Anyone driven a Stilo Schui GP??

Currently reading:
General Anyone driven a Stilo Schui GP??

Got the chance of buying the above on an 06 plate with delivery miles. Price is excellent!

Would be an addition to my 156 but in truth I'd probably use it as wife would prefer the Alfa. Has anyone driven one? How do they handle & what do the sound like compared to the stadard Abarth / Stilo Schui?

Also, have they modded the damned aircon hoses on later cars??

Cheers,

bozzy said:
Hiya fella, cant answer that but coincidental that I am going to test an 06 Abarth on Saturday. The wife might just get the JTD. I don't need advice on this as its well documented on these pages.

Hope your ok

And I bet its another banana one bozzy :p

bozzy said:
Hiya fella, cant answer that but coincidental that I am going to test an 06 Abarth on Saturday. The wife might just get the JTD. I don't need advice on this as its well documented on these pages.

Hope your ok

OK & back to work on Monday after 8 months & 2 days on the sick(n)

Surgeon says I'm 85% better(y) It's at our fav garage. Tim sent me the details today. Also looking at a 156 'Wagon that he has for an excellent price. Wife is thinking of trading her Astra SRi:eek:

Cheers,

sbaddison said:
OK & back to work on Monday after 8 months & 2 days on the sick(n)

Surgeon says I'm 85% better(y) It's at our fav garage. Tim sent me the details today. Also looking at a 156 'Wagon that he has for an excellent price. Wife is thinking of trading her Astra SRi:eek:

Cheers,

Bang on getting rid of the Vauxhall. If only Koarang would listen:)

Glad your'e ok and Tim won't let you down.

sbaddison said:
Has anyone driven one? How do they handle & what do the sound like compared to the standard Abarth / Stilo Schui? Cheers,

They are exactly the same interior wise - the seats are a bit firmer/snugger, no sat nav or leather available but has got mp3 with uprated sound-system, no cd changer but could be added if wanted.

Engine is exactly the same, manual gearbox is the same - the suspension (eibach springs with bilstein dampers) is really good on the limit, but too firm i thought for everyday and the 18" alloys are so nice but 40 profile tyres add to the pain felt going over potholes in the road.

Noise is about the same - the twin exhaust doesn't make much of a difference if any. You sacrifice a lot of extras just for the suspension setup and not much else and not that cheap either brand new.

fiattech said:
They are exactly the same interior wise - the seats are a bit firmer/snugger, no sat nav or leather available but has got mp3 with uprated sound-system, no cd changer but could be added if wanted.

Engine is exactly the same, manual gearbox is the same - the suspension (eibach springs with bilstein dampers) is really good on the limit, but too firm i thought for everyday and the 18" alloys are so nice but 40 profile tyres add to the pain felt going over potholes in the road.

Noise is about the same - the twin exhaust doesn't make much of a difference if any. You sacrifice a lot of extras just for the suspension setup and not much else and not that cheap either brand new.

Interesting, thanks. The "firmness" could be an issue, given my back condition:( Don't like leather & have portable satnav. Price is £12990 with seems really good.

sbaddison said:
Interesting, thanks. The "firmness" could be an issue, given my back condition:( Don't like leather & have portable satnav. Price is £12990 with seems really good.

Depreciation is also an issue - example my car 04 Stilo Abarth with sky roof, alarm, cd changer, optional 17" alloys, satnav list price new of about 15 - 16k. I bought it with 5000 miles and 9 months old for around 10k, which was quite a lot to lose in 9 months.

Also you could hunt around for a Abarth with lots of extras and have the GP kit fitted - suspension setup and wheels and tyres and get a much better car for your money.

Last edited:
bozzy said:
Bang on getting rid of the Vauxhall. If only Koarang would listen:)

Glad your'e ok and Tim won't let you down.
You can shout till you're blue in the face I can't hear a darn thing :) Must be the sound of that 255bhp engine roaring from my Miltek that's made me deaf :chin: :D

FFfarSteelcorner.JPG
[/IMG]Hi the shumacher gp;
has the prodrive chassis tweaks which really works!(shumi model)Hell if they can make a Impreza corner well they can do good for a stilo:D

Uprated srings(Shumi)etc which is a bit firmer,less roll but not crippling esp compared to a 147 GTA maybe a tad firmer than a 166 super.The shumi better track and road setup.

GP has the uprated exhaust which is louder ad meatier.

GP gets 18" OZ Wheels which are very nice thou u will spend more time cleanin them,id buy a set of supersport(also known as CLAW) wheels for winter use.Also GPs wear conti contact sport2 tyres which are very good and the are fitted to porsche 911s as stanard.

Also shum's get a different body kit.

Shumi's get shiney plaque on the dash stating its number>1-200 uk

True limit edtions normally be worth more than the more ordinary models.

Price is Good all dealers tending to sell them for that amount.

Last edited:
Just come back from testing an Abarth. Not what I expected. Not so much different to the JTD but then again I was looking for the paddle shift and it wasn't there. I think I am just used to the JTD and expected huge differences in speed.

I admit to having made up my mind before I got in the car. The dealer said "if my car was that colour I would be looking to change it too". I explained that I was keeping my yellow JTD and had no intention of chopping it. He needs to work on his pitch a little. :(

My local dealer has a non-GP Stilo Schumi for £9,995 delivery miles.

Good to see Fiat dealers doing their bit to support residuals. Still, it's been on the forecourt for about 6 weeks...

bozzy said:
Just come back from testing an Abarth. Not what I expected. Not so much different to the JTD but then again I was looking for the paddle shift and it wasn't there.
Interesting, but yours is remapped to 155bhp already isn't it?

Did you drive a standard 170bhp one, no selespeed?

Don't forget, a lot of Abarth owners are pushing out a lot more as well, plus the driving characteristics between petrol and diesel are very different.

Stuart DemonD said:
Interesting, but yours is remapped to 155bhp already isn't it?

Did you drive a standard 170bhp one, no selespeed?

Don't forget, a lot of Abarth owners are pushing out a lot more as well, plus the driving characteristics between petrol and diesel are very different.

Hi Stu, yep, mine is remapped. No Selespeed, he said it was dropped some time ago? The acceleration on the Abarth was smooth & progressive. The JTD gives you a thrust when the turbo comes in which is fun. Nice sound though on the Abarth.

Couldn't concentrate as I was wound up by his comments, felt like taking a fast right hander and opening his door. Not the best start to something I had ben looking forward to all week.

My wife opted for a year old, 156 2.0 JTS Sportwagon in the end:D 9k miles, direct from Fiat / Alfa. Alfa red just like mine except we need to get the mirrors / fog light inserts colour coded as they are black:(

JCS in Kegworth are a GREAT garage to deal with(y)

So, we're now a two Alfa family (or will be from a week Tuesday):cool:

Keeping it in the Fiat family,

Back