General Anti-corrosion warranty cover

Currently reading:
General Anti-corrosion warranty cover

Thunderbug

Established member
Does the standard "Claw" alloy wheels on an APE get covered by the
"anti-corrosion" warranty so if there are any problems they can be changed. / repaired.

Pic's:

Last edited:
how old is the car? if its within 2 years you might have a chance if your into the 3rd year dealer warranty chances are forget it..

the anti perforation warrenty only covers you against holes in the body panels which have come from the back to the front providing fsh and no damage eg stone chips...

The car is just over a year old, it's very bad the wheels are like this already, I called the dealer and they asked me to send pictures of the wheels which i've done today so they can put a claim in.

2nd problem has just started happening over the last couple of days:

There is a "knocking / banging" sound from the passenger rear side when I drive over any uneven road, so that's either the shock / suspension arm / spring or exhaust slightly out of place.

Just waiting for the dash to light up, engine failure or get an error code. :D

The car is just over a year old, it's very bad the wheels are like this already, I called the dealer and they asked me to send pictures of the wheels which i've done today so they can put a claim in.

2nd problem has just started happening over the last couple of days:

There is a "knocking / banging" sound from the passenger rear side when I drive over any uneven road, so that's either the shock / suspension arm / spring or exhaust slightly out of place.

I believe that noise is common. RuSZ has this noise in his GP. No idea what causes it. andy montey may know?

From what I've been told its a common sound on GP's/evo's/2012's however maybe worth getting it checked out anyway.

Last edited:
rubber spring cups rubbing against car body or axle... simple fix jack car up on both rear sides and stand it...

remove rear wheels (although not needed it makes life easy)

to drop the back axle, unclip abs cable from chassis bracket, (one each side

remove lower shock bolts supporting beam on jack lower off

once released the springs will uncompress (hence the jack to control the release of tension) ((DO NOT JACK THE CAR BY THE AXLE UNDER NORMAL CIRCUMSTANCES))

once springs are loose remove them clean the springs the rubber fittings and chassis area...

Smear Silicone (rubber safe) grease on all components where they contact and put back together

Obviously if its under warrenty shout at the dealer

The noise is coming from the "front left" of the car not the rear. The car has 2 years of warranty left, booked into the dealer in 2 weeks time.

The noise is coming from the "front left" of the car not the rear. The car has 2 years of warranty left, booked into the dealer in 2 weeks time.

Ah thought when you said passenger rear you ment at the rear of the car.

:nutter:

When you said Passenger Rear, most people will think of the back left of the car...

Front Passenger = Front Left
Front Driver = Front Right

Rear Passenger = Rear Left
Rear Driver = Rear Right

I made a mistake as I thought the noise was coming from the rear but it is in-fact coming from the Front Passenger = Front Left.

I've checked the spring, shock, wheel, disc, brake, exhaust pipe, suspension arm, everything under the car for any loose connections like the heatshield, but all are fine. Any idea what it could be.

Went to the dealer last Sat about the 2 rear alloys & they have confirmed the alloys are corroding from the inside to outside, Is this normal & was my car built on a Friday. :)

I was told they will be send away to be stripped back to bear metal then re-sprayed n laquered. Personally I'll rather have 2 new alloys which I will be pushing for..

Back