General antenna location - 500c

Currently reading:
General antenna location - 500c

eurotrotter

hi guys

hope ye are well

just wondering where teh antenna is located on the 500c?

i cannot find it!

thanks
ed

I thought it's in the small side window? On RHD cars it's on the drivers side. There's a connector behind the cover of the B pillar, next to the seatbelt mount.
But maybe that's only for the GPS

I thought it's in the small side window? On RHD cars it's on the drivers side. There's a connector behind the cover of the B pillar, next to the seatbelt mount.
On my 2013 Lounge the antenna runs up the centre of the windscreen to near the top, along to the right and down again near the pillar. It's extremely fine and not easy to spot.

Mine too is right hand drive and it's not in the windscreen. Mine has a lot of wiring in the glass on the driver's side rear side window which I assume is the aerial
NB I know it's not in the windscreen as I needed a new windscreen and the fitter initially brought one with the aerial in it - I seem to think it looked like it would be ok for a left hand drive car due to where/how the wires were laid in the glass....

Mine too is right hand drive and it's not in the windscreen. Mine has a lot of wiring in the glass on the driver's side rear side window which I assume is the aerial
NB I know it's not in the windscreen as I needed a new windscreen and the fitter initially brought one with the aerial in it - I seem to think it looked like it would be ok for a left hand drive car due to where/how the wires were laid in the glass....
Ours is 2014....

I seem to think it looked like it would be ok for a left hand drive car due to where/how the wires were laid in the glass....
I wonder if there was a RHD specific windscreen🤔. Mine's RHD of course and the antenna is on the right in front of the driver - as it was on the Pop 500C my wife had. It's hardly going to interfere with your vision though!:cool:

Forgot to mention; my car is LHD

Found a couple of windscreen sellers and they mention the 500c windscreen with antenna is for 2010 to 2014 cars.
There seem to be more variants as well, with different patch sizes. (The shaded area where the rearview mirror attaches to the windscreen)

Last edited:
Quick search here turned up much the same. Looks like owners of 2014 cars might have to be careful they're getting the right one. I was a little surprised at the reasonable price for a new windscreen with antenna. It's still only mounted on the right of the screen in available images.

Back