General Antenna for radio

Currently reading:
General Antenna for radio

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Hello!

I have to replace the antenna on my Tempra because it broke. These days the weather is quite rainy so I can't remove it, but I would like to know if the nut for bolting the antenna to the roof is soldered to the roof itself, on the inner side, so only a bolt is needed and for installing one operates on the utside of the car, or the nut is a "free" part and one has to remove the roof trim inside the car for the job of installing the antenna.

Also, my antenna wasn't a FIAT product, but I see on ePer that there is a specific one: do you know if it is good quality? Sure it should work better than a broken one, but who knows :)

Thank you!

Hello!

I have to replace the antenna on my Tempra because it broke. I would like to know if the nut for bolting the antenna to the roof is soldered to the roof itself, on the inner side, so only a bolt is needed and for installing one operates on the inside of the car, or the nut is a "free" part and one has to remove the roof trim inside the car for the job of installing the antenna. Also, my antenna wasn't a FIAT product, but I see on ePer that there is a specific one: do you know if it is good quality? Sure it should work better than a broken one, but who knows :)Thank you!

The standard fiat aerial base on the Tempra is fixed from the inside, you gain access through the sunroof control / internal light cluster above the mirror, you do not have to remove the headlining. This presumes your car has the sunroof controls above the mirror, if not I think you would still get access from inside the light cluster.

Is it the base of the aerial that is broken ? or the aerial its self, as the aerial is replaceable, it unscrews.

Mike.

It is the aerial itself that is broken, but being some cheap part unfortunately it isn't screw type so I have to change the base too :(
This morning I bought an antenna kit specific for the Tempra, from the "Lineaccessori" (the package states it is also compatible with Tipo, Croma, Punto, Uno, Cinquecento models), and from the installation instructions it seems that one only had to unscrew a bolt from the roof (which probably is needed for covering the hole) and screw in the antenna.
As a matter of fact, if I remove the courtesy lamp (no sunroof here) gaining access to the antenna lead is very difficult: only after moving some of the roof trim (by unmounting some parts) I had the ability of removing the antenna cable and see that there is no nut, but a metal cylinder (to which the cable makes contact) which is insulated from the body with a rubber ring.
Unfortunately, if I try to unscrew the old antenna base, then this metal cylinder rotates too :(

Now I tried to fix the parts with some very-super glue, hope I will be able to unscrew the antenna base and screw in the new one (which has replaceable aerial).

In the end I had to replace the antenna support, wasn't able to unscrew the old antenna... Hopefully I will never have to do this job again!

Do you need help unlocking your radio?
Get your code instantly using our radio unlock service 🔓🎶
Back