Panda 2012+ Another Yellow Panda Cross 4x4

Currently reading:
Panda 2012+ Another Yellow Panda Cross 4x4

What extras does it have?

According to the dealer, it will have kit 5 seater + 60/40 rear seat fold, full size spare, 15" opaque alloys (1M9/1MD). There is a debate re tinted rear glass - the dealer says No, but according to the Italian brochure the opaque alloys are only available as part of "Pack Style" which also includes dark glass. We would have also taken the sky window but it's not available.

I have a few thoughts on personalising it, just have to see what I can sneak past Patrizia!

Really looking forward to the TwinAir experience.

What a fantastic place to live, i mean for you and the panda.
My cross lives in the old cobbled streets of Edinburgh, with no luxury of a garage.
A full size spare, thats a first. You'll lose your flat floor in the boot. Its usually comes with either a space saver & a 4x4 jack or just a tyre repair kit.

Its gonna be a joy for you.

Yes, CV is rather different to all the other places I've lived and there is definitely something special about looking out over a harbour which has been in use for 2,000+ years! To be honest, we could manage very well without our own car as all services are within easy walking distance, but once a car guy always a car guy!! Plus, there are still plenty of places around Italy we haven't seen yet.

Regarding the spare, I just checked all 11 zero km Panda 4x4's on the dealer website (newcocar.eu) and confirm they all have 803 Ruotino di Scorta. Perhaps it's a must for Panda 4x4's sold in the north of Italy? This will be my first Italian vehicle with an actual spare.

Attachments

• DSC_6489.JPG
    DSC_6489.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 38
I see Batman has parked The Bat-Cruise-Liner in your harbour.

In the 6.5 years that I've been driving my Cross, the Fiat TPMS has detected 3 or 4 valid nails/screws that had found their way into the tyres. But on Tuesday, as i drove to Glasgow for the Euros match, the TPMS yellow light came on but there was 100% no drop in pressure in any tyre. I now believe it was actually due to a 5psi increase in pressure. The last time the TPMS was reset, was on a bitter cold Spring morning. Tuesday was totally roasting here in Scotland, anything over 25° is hot for us Scots. I think due to driving at Motorway+ speeds & high tarmac temperatures, the TPMS detected a +ve change in the tyre air pressure and flagged it as a possible puncture. Otherwise the Fiat TPMS works well and doesn't involve fancy & expensive TPMS valves.
It'll be interesting how the tyre pressure monitoring system handles the heat of Italy in August, especially if the TPMS got set at winter time.
I now carry a tyre repair kit in the boot. Great bit of kit. Not the foam $hīț you get if you don't order the space saver spare.

Bundes

Last edited:
Thanks for the feedback, everyone! (y)

Now we just need to decode BZ L10 & GS.

Definitely GS isn't Gran Sport!! :rolleyes:

If it was a BMW motorbike G/S stands for "Gelande/Strasse, meaning Off Road/Road
appropriate for a 4x4
Completely irrelevant of course :worship:

Well guys and girls, yesterday the new wheels FINALLY arrived!!

Probably my fault for not confirming precisely what "Immediate Delivery" means, as the vehicle didn't physically arrive at the dealer until July 5, was registered July 20 and shipped from Torino on the 26th!

So far we are both completely satisfied with our choice and from a minimum of driving within the city I think we made a great choice. The default ECO engine setting did catch me out at first but it only had 20-odd km showing so I excused the sluggishness but with ECO off it's a different story.

Today I installed the center armrest for driver & navigator & then cruised down to my friendly tyre shop to have the factory Conti "EcoContact 6" tyres swapped out for a decent set of AllSeasonContacts. Wednesday next the window tint will be done, so it will be starting to look a bit more serious. :D

A few pics to give you the general idea.

Ciao ciao

Attachments

• DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 48
  • DSC_0025.jpg
    DSC_0025.jpg
    560.7 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 41
  • DSC_0032.jpg
    DSC_0032.jpg
    502.6 KB · Views: 35
  • DSC_0039.jpg
    DSC_0039.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 38
Sourced from Amazon.it, paid €65.27. It's designed specifically for the Panda III,, not a will-fit. No drilling necessary,comes with 4 x self-tappers which do the job without particular exertion or gymnastics.

There is a small storage space under the top, I can say it looks rather OE, maybe a little high for some people's taste.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210728-190236.png
    Screenshot_20210728-190236.png
    328.9 KB · Views: 45
Today I learned why our Cross doesn't have tinted windows or interior grab handles above the rear doors!

I've been trying to register on the myFiat site since June 24 when we received the VIN, but the system kept putting up an error "Targa or VIN not recognised", even this morning - 10 days after it was registered (targa issued - GF364HA). The message also says to call Customer Service, so we did just that, spoke to a very professional lady who, apart from explaining what info she needs to insert the targa manually, casually mentioned that our car was produced for another market - Serbia :eek:

She also explained that myFiat only speaks Chrome, which explains why I could only progress so far as my browser of choice is Brave. Using Chrome I've succeeded in registering and can see the 24 month warranty is up & running. Whew.

We gave the dealer a bit of a rev concerning their non-disclosure of the "imported" status of their very well priced Pandas, but in the end I'm happy to take the 28% discount and do the window tint & grab handles myself :D

Window tint yesterday (80% rear + rear side & 20% fronts), 4x4 decals today.

Now it's starting to look like a serious little beastie!

Ciao ciao

Attachments

• Yellow Cross 4x4 & kiwi flag.jpg
    Yellow Cross 4x4 & kiwi flag.jpg
    427.3 KB · Views: 33
  • Yellow Cross 4x4 rear.jpg
    Yellow Cross 4x4 rear.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 32
  • Yellow Cross w window tint.jpg
    Yellow Cross w window tint.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 33
  • Yellow Cross b4 window tint.jpg
    Yellow Cross b4 window tint.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 30
Anti-glare panel: Another Yellow Panda Cross 4x4

Ciao all you fellow Crossers!

This morning I added an antiglare panel on the bonnet of our Cross, mainly for aesthetics and to differentiate it from all those other yellow Crosses out there.

I purchased one intended for the Renegade, reduced the length by 20cm or so and this is the result. Just need to tidy up along the lip of the bonnet where I thought I could carry it on to the underside but found it kept lifting.

Now we'll see how the trim panel on the dash looks in yellow...........

Attachments

• 5_flood with soapy water.jpg
    5_flood with soapy water.jpg
    571.9 KB · Views: 25
  • 4_backing paper removed.jpg
    4_backing paper removed.jpg
    377.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 3_positioning marks.jpg
    3_positioning marks.jpg
    353.6 KB · Views: 28
  • 2_about 20cm to reduce.jpg
    2_about 20cm to reduce.jpg