General Another Marea weekend boot problem

Currently reading:
General Another Marea weekend boot problem

Legintal

Hi all great forum :)

Ive just recently got my hands on a marea weekend W reg (2000) 115 elx and got a slight problem with boot locking, I've search and found some lock problems but none seem specific to mine.
What the problem is, the boot will not lock/unlock unless using the key in the lock, I've taken the back panel off and had a look and there was a wiring joint on the nearside next to the door catch that had been disconected, when I joined it back together and went to lock the doors via the drivers door the doors would lock and then pop open as if there is a door open, if i disconect the wires again it solves the problem for the rest of the doors but I still have the problem with the boot, also when I close the boot it seems like the nearside catch isnt closing as I can lift that corner slightly,

Any ideas would be a help cos its a pain having to check to see if the boot is locked/unlocked when leaving it unattended :(

Thanks for the advice but I think I sorted out one of the problems, it seems that because the kerbside catch wasn't closing it was telling the central locking that a door was open which meant I couldn't lock all the doors using the central locking, once I managed to adjust the catch and get it to close properly hey presto the doors would stay locked (y)

As for opening the boot with the central locking, it looks like there is a tiny circlip missing thats holding one of the pegs on the actuator which might be causing the problem, so am going to try and get one tomorrow see if that solves it other wise its of to the scrappies for me at the weekend see if I can get a new one :rolleyes:

Back