Another kinda newbie

Currently reading:
Another kinda newbie

Corranga

So, I signed up here in 2008, but didn't post all that much. I suspect I probably still won't post that much, but I'm posting today so... ;)

So, back in 2008 I had a 2000 Punto HGT which I owned for a couple of years as my first 'daily runner' - as in the first time I owned 2 cars at the same time. The Punto was my daily as I decided to stop using my Elise daily.
After a while, I started looking at the Panda 100hp. I loved the looks, and the whole concept of little weight, little power and fun handling really appealed as I was a classic Mini man in a former life ;)
My wife then lost her job so buying a new car was off the cards, the Punto was eventually replaced by a Seat Leon Cupra which sufficed as my daily for some more years.
As time went on, the Seat became an Alfa 159 1.9JTDm, then after a couple of years, my wife fell pregnant and her Vauxhall VX220 became a Mitsubishi Charisma. This lasted 4 months before we decided it was too dull, and the 100hp idea come back around.
It was actually our 2nd Panda, as my wife's first car was a late original Panda (K reg Panda Fizz in white).

So, here I am after 2 and a bit years of 100HP ownership, still loving it as a daily :)

I was at the Scottish Italian Car Show 2 years back I think it was (the foggy year!!) and spoke to a few of you / displayed the 100hp Panda (dark blue) organised via Fiat Forum I think. I thought with the show coming up again,and me hopefully able to make it this year, I'd show face on here ;)

Chris

Hello and welcome back. I do seem to remember a 100HP a couple of years back but as more time was spent sheltering in the gazebo from the weather than checking out the cars it's not a strong memory. It would be good to see it on the stand on the 29th May (and you of course) so hopefully you can make it along :)

I've put you down as a maybe on the main thread here

lowered-punto said:
Welcome I really do like the 100HP pandas especially in that blue

As it happens, I prefer them in white, but they are rare enough that there were only 2 or 3 for sale in Scotland when I was looking, and the blue one was the best of the bunch :)

Back