Technical Another aux question!

Currently reading:
Technical Another aux question!

Right i bought this the other day:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IPOD-MP3-AUX-Audio-Adapter-FIAT-GRANDE-PUNTO-/350473864035?_trksid=p5197.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D4%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D1034527574998780647&_qi=RTM742988

and it arrived today.

So i plugged it into the back of the headunit, plugged my iPod in and attempted to search for the aux button.
There was none.
Pressed the cd button twice and searched through the source menu.
There was a slot for this connector at the back, which is why I don't understand why there is no aux option?
I have a 1.4 sporting 56 reg, if thats any help?

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
see there's a button on the steering wheel on top right hand conner it say's scr or something press that until u see the aux come on ur cd player thats how it comes up on my gp hope tht helps

Oo that looks like a good investment if it works. Let me know how you get on :) take it it will fit into the stock headunit? Blaupunkt or whatever it is i duno :p also would it be hard to wire this through to the little compartment to
The right of the steering wheel. Would be ideal if i could do that would look a mess having a loose wire hanging out the dash :p
Let me know :)

Make sure you have no cd in your cd player. But then hit the cd button AUX should pop up :) dont know if that helped but if it works let me know so i can buy one :)

Hmm dont know then. Maybe go to the back of the headunit and take out the cd input and just have aux. If its the stock headunit im not 100% sure if they work with multiple outputs.

It hasn't worked :/ This is what i'm confused about?

I know you probs have but have you Tried it in every plug in the back of the head-unit as there are a couple plugs that are for AUX inputs. I have got the same cable as this just with an ipod connector on the end and mine works in the far right plug. Hope this helps

any chance of picture?
03072011128.jpg

soz for the poor quality had to use phone

if you have blue and me that uses the yellow aux input, i tried to add an aux through the multi cd changer but with no luck. the way i got it to work was to add a y piece before (or splice) the yellow plug. a usb needs to be plugged in for it to recognize it as an input, just play a silent track on the usb so you dont have two tracks playing.
sorted.

if you have blue and me that uses the yellow aux input, i tried to add an aux through the multi cd changer but with no luck. the way i got it to work was to add a y piece before (or splice) the yellow plug. a usb needs to be plugged in for it to recognize it as an input, just play a silent track on the usb so you dont have two tracks playing.
sorted.

So you're saying if i plug something into the usb slot ASWELL as that cable, the cable will be recognised?

Back