Technical Another 500L dualogic issue

Currently reading:
Technical Another 500L dualogic issue

Balloon Lug

Hello folks new to the forum,

Im Adam, heres hoping someone can tell me the solution to my wifes 2013 500L 1.3 diesel semi auto 5 speed, it has developed a problem

Symptoms are: it selects gear 1 auto when putting the gearstick into the middle position as normal, but when accelerating it just revs then bangs with a surge forward then returning to reving Like it's not engaging and just repeats this cycle

Reverse it just grinds won't reverse at all and had getting jammed in R position yesterday, after a bit of fiddling with the gearstick managed to get it unstuck and back into neutral

It's possible to get the car moving forward in manual mode but have only tried this at crawling speeds, there is a ticking sound coming from the gearbox when it's crawling forward, having read a few posts online people mention the concentric slave unit?

Have also heard people mention the clutch, but I'd of thought if it was a clutch it wouldn't drive at all yet it will move off its own steam in manual mode

Just to add the car has had a burning oil smell coming through the vents for some time, yet there are no visible signs of a leak on the ground, I'm wondering if the actuator is leaking internally

Anyone else had a similar problem who can tell me what the issue was?

Adam.

With GOOD diagnostic kit..

You may still have a Stored error code that will point toward the suspected fault

One thing worth checking.. the fluid level on the clear tank above the gearbox

Oily smell might be related to that special fluid weeping out

Back