General Annoying Noise

Currently reading:
General Annoying Noise

cazzbazz

Hi,

I have a Marea 20v p reg.

I have noticed an annoying noise when turning.
Its like a rubbery squeaky sound.
I have had it up in the air, the boots are in good condition, the wheels arnt rubbing on anything, nor does it make a sound when spinning the wheels.
I have freewheeled with engine off to cancel out maybe the power steering pump, and its still making a noise.
The brakes arnt binding, calipers are ok.
Ive run out of ideas..
Help!!

Last edited:
I had an irritating noise like that a couple of years ago, turned out to be dirt caught between a brake disc and pad. I just turned the volume up on the stereo for a few weeks, it disappeared all by itself.

1997 Marea 2.0 20V. 147BHP

Cazzbaz,
I had something similar on my Marea. The only way I could find it was to drive the car onto ramps and then lay under it whilst my wife turned the steering wheel left and right. I had to feel for it with my hands rather than listen out for it because the creek propogated through the suspension. I traced it to a dry near side track rod end. Fitted a new one, no more creeking.

Good luck.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help, i feel a little stupid about what im about to say.

My car failed its mot today on a worn front Tyre :cry: so, i had a new one fitted, as the bloke was fitting the tyre to the rim, i had a look at the cap that goes over the nuts, the spring that goes around appeared to be loose, so i put some tention on it a popped it back the wheel once the guy had done his thing.

:eek: no more noise!!! the amount of times ive had the wheels off and i didnt even consider that that could have been the noise!!!

In embarrssment.

CazzBazz:eek:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all your help, i feel a little stupid about what im about to say.

My car failed its mot today on a worn front Tyre :cry: so, i had a new one fitted, as the bloke was fitting the tyre to the rim, i had a look at the cap that goes over the nuts, the spring that goes around appeared to be loose, so i put some tention on it a popped it back the wheel once the guy had done his thing.

:eek: no more noise!!! the amount of times ive had the wheels off and i didnt even consider that that could have been the noise!!!

In embarrssment.

CazzBazz:eek:

Awesome :D

Back