Android stereo

Currently reading:
Android stereo

marcusd

I'm after some info.... Recently bought a android stereo for other half's fiat bravo 1.9 58 diesel. Got the old stereo out and plugged in new stereo and didn't even power on at all. I've seen a few threads but being a newbie on here not navigating it so well.
New android uses existing wiring no iso harness. And is for a fiat.

Can anyone assist. I'm pretty good with other cars but this fiat has me stumped

Welcome to the forum.

First and most obvious question, have you bench tested the new unit to make sure it will actually power up?
A lot of these android units are cheap Chinese crap and don't always survive the trip across the oceans.

Secondly, just because the unit is supplied with an ISO plug, doesn't mean it won't also require a harness adaptor, especially if you want to be able to use the steering wheel controls. I'd recommend the Connects2 series of adaptors, used them for years and always had success.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.

First and most obvious question, have you bench tested the new unit to make sure it will actually power up?
A lot of these android units are cheap Chinese crap and don't always survive the trip across the oceans.

Secondly, just because the unit is supplied with an ISO plug, doesn't mean it won't also require a harness adaptor, especially if you want to be able to use the steering wheel controls. I'd recommend the Connects2 series of adaptors, used them for years and always had success.

Yes it makes sounds so does work. Now the guy has said in the second lot of cables it needs a external source of power to power up ( also seen this on a few threads) I don't want to waste money on then iso cable as I was linked to the one you've mentioned and has several combos to grt the steering wheel controls to work and doesn't list my android unit. But the android unit is meant to have all the steering controls ready to work.

I'm going to use a piggyback off a fuse next week to see if that is really what's needed to get it all to work or not if not may bite bullet and get the cable.

Back