Technical Android exchange

Currently reading:
Technical Android exchange

Scottyboy59

Hello all, new to this forum.
Have a 2008 500 1.2 and am trying to fit an aftermarket android device. Problem I have is bad radio signal, but I think it’s because of an aerial problem, so is the aerial powered by the original radio, and can I connect the blue wire to a powered supply and solve the problem.
Happy new year to all…
Scott

Was the reception bad with the old radio? Aerial base a known issue, maybe better off replacing the whole aerial base and antenna ?
Aerial not powered DON'T connect anything where its not meant to be, another new forum member is also trying to install a new head unit and having issues, note if its by any of the famous brands Pioneer or Alpine you shouldn't have any issues bar a permanent live feed

Oh and as you're new has your car had a new engine earth strap, an essential replacement if not done.

Thank you for the advice. I cannot tell you what the other radio signal was like as the radio had been locked out by not having the correct code by the previous owner. As for the earth strap I’ve checked this morning and it’s not to good so I’ll be replacing that today. Much appreciated, thanks

Back