And on that bombshell..

Currently reading:
And on that bombshell..

A tad unexpected (though less so following his final 20 minutes of TFI last Friday) but Chris Evans has now been appointed new lead host of Top Gear.

I'm not against him hosting at all, I actually think he's what the show needs. A genuinely innovative presenter and - best of all - a petrol head.

Despite all the childish outcry, I think the show had been **** for a number of seasons (bar the odd good episode) and a complete refresh was definately needed.

Interesting to see how it goes, but I'm never a fan of rotating presenters as had been suggested.

I think how well he will do will come down to who he works with.

Show did need a major revamp so hopefully they don't stick the new presenters into the same old formula and expect them to do a Clarkson, Hammond and May, because nobody will ever take to that and no matter how good they are at it, it will fail.

The fact they have also lost Andy Willman as producer suggests they will have to revamp though, as does the mention of Evans "having ideas".

Hope to god they don't hire Jodie Kidd or rotate presenters. Most of the suggestions have been awful though, somehow hoping they will still end up with Eddie Irvine in there, him and Evans could be a good clash/mix :laugh:

Back