amp and speakers

Currently reading:
amp and speakers

what would happen if i connected 85w rms to a 1000w (250 x 4) amp? would it break the speakers?

also is there any point as my hu has 45w x 4? what would be best?

thanks.

Ash.

Im a little confused as to what you are asking.
Right your speakers are 85w RMS?
Your amp is 250w Max (you should never look at max power they are a b*llox figure that means nothing at this level) any way that should probably equate to about 60w RMSx4 so one speaker per channel should be fine if my assumptions are correct.

Also the HU is a max power rating so it will probably be more like 12w RMS you do the math (n)

yea the speakers a 85rms and the amp is 250w x 4 not sure if thats rms or max? (probably max).

i have a 4 channel amp, should i use a channel on each speaker and use the other 2 channels on a sub?

and to wire the speakers to the amp do i just use speaker wire to the amp + and - and then use rca cables to the hu?

thanks a lot (im just learning you see :D)

yea the speakers a 85rms and the amp is 250w x 4 not sure if thats rms or max? (probably max).

i have a 4 channel amp, should i use a channel on each speaker and use the other 2 channels on a sub?

and to wire the speakers to the amp do i just use speaker wire to the amp + and - and then use rca cables to the hu?

thanks a lot (im just learning you see :D)

Dont worry i wanna keep this forum nice there are a couple of people who are a pain in the ar$e.
Yes the RCA's do go to the amp but i would expect a 4 channel amp to need 2 sets (1 set = 2 connections Left + Right)
The Hu doesnt compare like i said each chanel on your amp would be around 60w Rms per channel and the HU will be more like 12 per chanel.

You have hit the nail on the Head use a channel each for the front speakers and 2 for the sub

I think it would be best to get the detalis of the amplifier, before you go assuming what power it will put out.

Even if the amp is said to be doing 60 rms per channel, depending on the make it will put out less than that.

Your head unit will only be giving out 12-15 rms per channel, rather than the stated 45 as that is the max figure.

be nice to the mod's they can erase you!
and if its possible to get this "ICE" section back on track, im sure this thread had something to do with ice, not who's got the biggest,best,fastest,loudest whatever!;)

and if its possible to get this "ICE" section back on track, im sure this thread had something to do with ice, not who's got the biggest,best,fastest,loudest whatever!;)

Too true (y)
Well if you want to ask that question you would have to ask start a new thread LOL all span is being deleted from this one as im sure the OP doesnt want to have to read pages of rubbish to get his answers.

No he cant he doesnt have those powers. He can ban me but not erase me ;)

No he cant he doesnt have those powers. He can ban me but not erase me ;)
:Offtopic:
I cant actually ban you unless you get the necessary points but i can talk to the other mods. But i dont want to ban anybody i just want those people on here who think they no so much to actually help people rather than keep flaming everybody.

I think it would be best to get the detalis of the amplifier, before you go assuming what power it will put out.

Even if the amp is said to be doing 60 rms per channel, depending on the make it will put out less than that.

Your head unit will only be giving out 12-15 rms per channel, rather than the stated 45 as that is the max figure.

Right Back on Topic

Yes it would be better to have the details Ash1711 do you know which amp it is.

The OP said that the speakers he had are 85w RMS which a cheap amp isnt going to be likely to get near so it is prety much irrelevant that it could be less than 60w RMS per channel. As without knowing all of the details given the evidence that his amp will be putting out <60w RMS we can tell him that it is unlikely that it will blow the speakers up with too much power and that the HU isnt a patch on the wattage on the Amp.

6x9s Vs 10cms

ok i have 2 front speakers and a sub in the boot, my next step is to get some rear speakers to complete the sound.

what would be best?

upgrading the standard 10cm speakers in the back or disconnecting the speakers and installing 6x9s on the parcel shelf?

looking to spend no more than £50 on a pair.

thanks alot.

Ash.

thanks for your help everyone, basically ive got a 1000w amp (250x4) connected a sub to it (it uses all 4 channels) ive bought some new front speakers which im going to connect up to an alpine headunit (4x45) and im looking for new rear speakers...

now you may all just totally disagree with what ive done but its working for me. i just wanted better sound and in the future ill probably upgrade again when i know a bit more!

anyway thanks.

Ash.

Re: 6x9s Vs 10cms

:yeahthat: You dont want speakers in the rear the sound-stage for mid and treble is up front and bass is in the back. You are much better off amping up the front speakers.
I thought that you said you have a 4 channel amp so how have you used all of the channels.:confused:

I thought that you said you have a 4 channel amp so how have you used all of the channels.:confused:

Maybe bridged into 2 channels powering a dual coil sub? It had me baffled for a few seconds :rolleyes:

What amp is it?

Maybe bridged into 2 channels powering a dual coil sub? It had me baffled for a few seconds :rolleyes:

What amp is it?

the sub has 2 positives and 2 negatives so i bridged one of the pairs over 2 channels and the other pair over the other channel if that makes sense?

if i bought a second amp will i have to do anything to ensure by battery doesnt go?

Back