Tuning AMH - Alfacare remap etc

Currently reading:
Tuning AMH - Alfacare remap etc

misterkevlar

Hi all looking at buying an abarth 500 shortly and looking at servicing at AMH (Alfacare) while in i am interested in a remap the car standard is 135 and they say they may get 180 out of it! - just wanted to get people opinions on the remap they do if anyone if anyone has used them etc?

From the conversation I had they seem very interested and knowledgeable which is a far cry from the abarth dealership i called.

I signed up to this forum as i posted on another Abarth forum and my post was removed 'for legal' reasons!!

Abarth forum is a 'lovely' place isn't it! Tbh 180 is probably a little optimistic, but if it's being done by someone knowledgeable then the won't push it too far :)

Last edited:
As Maxi says, it is unlikely that you will get 180BHP with just a remap, the standard turbo is too small. Also, you would probably need to improve the breathing and exhaust to take advantage of the remap, possibly even a new sports cat as well. If you factor in a TMC air filter and a Monza that will help and be reasonably cheap and if you want more then it will start to cost some serious money.

p.s. Welcome to the forum.

Last edited:
Hi thanks the replies - probably should have said it has a scorpion cat back and part of the service is to add a new panel filter - i thought 180 is optimistic, but expect 165-170 ish.

As the remap is quite expensive with the just wondered if anyone used them before - i like the fact its not a generic map and the rr it to.

Had a remapped twingo rs few years back and it was incredible how different it was to drive.

I've used AHM in Hartley Wintney (if that is the ones you mean here) for servicing only. I've found them knowledgeable, friendly and fair priced. The car felt much better after their servicing (unlike dealers servicing). I can't tell you about the remaps though...

I signed up to this forum as i posted on another Abarth forum and my post was removed 'for legal' reasons!!

Ha I was banned from the abarth forum last week...
The moderators on that site were all bullied as children and now they try and make themselves look big by doing stuff like that. A lot of people on the Abarth forum are really nice people and have a lot of knowledge so its a shame.

You could go to italian night at the ace cafe where a few of the regulars have had remaps, I am sure they could tell you about it and even take you out for a spin.

Melanabb thanks for the info - they guy I'm buying the car from recommended them as he has a history with italian cars he's actually a friend of the family - it's just nice to get others opinions - everything i can find on the net suggests they really know their stuff.

To be fair to the abarth forum i did get an pm form them explaining what happened after the initial harsh banning email. On the whole it seems like a good forum - think its quite common sadly thats you cannot name names on forums sometimes for good reason.

The itialian car meet sounds good, but a tad to far away from me!.

I have had my 500 serviced by AHM since new and at the end of 3 years had the 180 bhp re-map. Excellent, friendly and knowledgeable service and their attention to detail is second to none. I kept the car standard other than the re-map and a bmc panel filter. If I had the garret turbo and a cat-back exhaust, it might certainly make the 180 but as it stands, it probably doesn't quite make it. On the plus side, the car is much more drivable with a much revvie drive and torque between 3,000 and 4, 000 rpm. Boost gauge is never all that accurate but in standard 135 bhp I was hitting 0.8 on "rapid progress" now with the re-map, it is hovering around 1.0 to 1.2 in full flow. Just have a look around their immaculate workshop with the Aston Martins and various exotic race gearboxes and heads - if their knowledge and attention reflects in the state of their workshop, good chance the work they do on the cars will mirror this. Good old-fashioned service - go fro it!!

Thanks for the reply - picked up my little beast today mostly driving in stop go traffic not great start!! will be calling them shortly to get it booked in..:cool:

Hi. New to the site and Fiat. I have an Abarth 500 135 14 plate and very interested in using AHM for the 180 remap. I like their knowledge and the fact it's a thorough remap (includes throttle map etc). Did you have it done? What is your experience?

Back