General Am I pleased or what!!!!

Currently reading:
General Am I pleased or what!!!!

Hi all,

I have had my TA for a couple of days now, and am very happy with it. Thanks for all your advice and pushing me down the road of buying this brilliant little car.

I was out in it last night, and was sat at a set of lights, when a Mondeo pulled up behind, then shifted next to me. Obviously he didn't want to be stuck behind a silly little Fiat!! Well, I'm not sure which of us was more surprised when I floored it and left his car for dust.

I don't know how they've done it, but this little engine is amazing!! I must have a play with one some day?? As someone already said, imagine getting it to rev it's little nuts off, with a bigger inlet and exhaust, maybe even a Bi Turbo system??

If you haven't tried this little engine out yet, go test drive one... you will love it.. once you get used to it. You will need a few miles to familiarise yourself...

I have been on an ecconomy kick for a couple of months, driving like a sensible person, but yesterday morning I had some empty open roads and time on my hands and took my TA for a blast. I had to drive with the windows down for a few miles as my smile was so wide :D. Smile stayed with me all day ;). Managed to get the ecconomy down to an average MPG of 25.7 but hay ho, whats the point of having a fun car if you don't have fun in it (y)

People said to me in the past why does it have traction control?
Hmmm i'll show you!

Best car I have owned I I really really loved my t5 so that's saying something.
It also hangs on in the bends incredibly well!

Someone once told me the 500c got the rear suspension from the abarth. Don't know if its true and don't care, I just enjoy it :D

Funny you should mention wheel spin Simon, that's the very first thing I did when I left the dealer, by mistake of course!!

I've had two T5's and a 850R, and I agree, for fun, this car is awesome, but it wouldn't be much good at an Ikea shopping spree.

I agree Scout, if you want to have some fun, the economy goes out of the window. I saw 11mpg yesterday on instantaneous!! Hey-Ho!!

People said to me in the past why does it have traction control?
Hmmm i'll show you!

Someone once told me the 500c got the rear suspension from the abarth. Don't know if its true and don't care, I just enjoy it :D

Post a video of your big smokey burnout :rolleyes: The TA is limited to 3000rpm launches and can barely chirp a tyre in the dry. You can call that launch control if you will.

The 500C got the rear anti roll bar/ revised spring rates from the Abarth, this later became standard across the range. I don't think you have the zero toe beam though.

I have been on an ecconomy kick for a couple of months, driving like a sensible person, but yesterday morning I had some empty open roads and time on my hands and took my TA for a blast. I had to drive with the windows down for a few miles as my smile was so wide :D. Smile stayed with me all day ;). Managed to get the ecconomy down to an average MPG of 25.7 but hay ho, whats the point of having a fun car if you don't have fun in it (y)

Me too, UFI did his first track day yesterday and recorded 10MPG avg on the trip meter. In reality it's probably 7MPG or less as the display maxes out at 25l/100km which happens well before full throttle.

Me too, UFI did his first track day yesterday and recorded 10MPG avg on the trip meter. In reality it's probably 7MPG or less as the display maxes out at 25l/100km which happens well before full throttle.

Go UFI. Maybe we should start a thread to post the best and worst average MPG figures we can achieve :devil:

Back