Alloy Wheel stuck on wheel hub

Currently reading:
Alloy Wheel stuck on wheel hub

Right I have a bit of a problem at the moment & that is the O/S/F Alloy has welded itself to the Hub.

I have tryed a couple of different tricks to remove the Alloy, one being using a small block of wood & a hammer, that didn't work.
I have also tyred lowering the jack so the weight of the car presses down onto the wheel, no luck there.

I haven spoken to Bridgend & all they could suggest was apply heat to the Wheel Hub. :rifle:
I can't get a bar behind the Alloy either due to the Alloys not being standard Fiat alloys, so if one got broken/ damaged I'd be looking at ££££££ to get it replaced :suicide2:

Obivously I don't want to damage the Alloy wheel, anyone got a sencible suggestion??

they are standard fiat alloys............

and turn the wheel full lock and hit the tyre with a hammer from the inside hard as you can :). and next time use copper grease.

put the wheel nuts back in hand tight, then lower the car and rock the crap out of it.

why do you need it off?

Right , Jack car up ,, put on full lock Take all wheel botls out .. then put one bolt and nut back in a few theads .. , Get a Chock of wood .. Put that againts the Rim , then hit the block of wood as hard as you can... you will not need to buy a new wheel , The little folded edge on the disk will have just got rusty and holding it on the rim .. I Woundt Drop the car down when the wheel is loose..

if you havnt got it done by hopeton house I WILL get it off....

jatkinson said:
Right , Jack car up ,, put on full lock Take all wheel botls out .. then put one bolt and nut back in a few theads .. , Get a Chock of wood .. Put that againts the Rim , then hit the block of wood as hard as you can... you will not need to buy a new wheel , The little folded edge on the disk will have just got rusty and holding it on the rim .. I Woundt Drop the car down when the wheel is loose..

if you havnt got it done by hopeton house I WILL get it off....

I did have the wheel on full lock when I tried to remove it, & had a small block of wood I used to drive the sei onto, to fit a Jack underneath, so as to lift on chassis rail.

I did hit the wood as hard as I could with the hammer, but got no joy.
I've got Monday & Tuesday off, so can crack on with workin on Dubster.

Clock34 said:
me too. but would want andi injuring himself :). he has had things fall before.

hence why i dont want to post my methods up :laugh: , doing things my non textbook way for myself is fine, if i get hurt or damage something doing it then its my own damn fault, but i wouldnt tell someone else to take the methods on if there was any risk of injury or damage...not that it's likely, but still, better not to take the risk ;)

Mrcento said:
i'd have that off in 5-10 minutes i reckon, i have my methods :D

Your more than welcome to come down to Ayrshire.... your only what 2hrs drive??

Clock34 said:
me too. but would want andi injuring himself :). he has had things fall before.

Me?? have things fall??? I don't know what you mean :laugh:
I'll admit I was lucky, that I wasn't underneath the Sei when it fell.
Got pissed off when it happened (just ask David), but wasl soo glad we had a 10kg Bag of sand sittinnin the garden, unopened

Mrcento said:
at this moment i have no car and no petrol money....and no tools as they are in the car :laugh:

Why no car?? what's not working on the BM??

Clock34 said:
same as me andi. 2 hours away. but no car...

well.... no engine! :p

Only 2hrs?? dunno why but thought you were a bit further than that...

the bmw is away getting the rear suspension sorted, got to the stage where the back of the car was trying to step out at 70mph in a straight line. thankfully my mates garage has the tools needed to sort it so just stuck it in there over the weekend to be done as a non prioroty job. given its my birthday weekend anyway, i wouldnt be able to drive due to alcoholic intake levels being high :D

Back