General Alloy hub caps

Currently reading:
General Alloy hub caps

Quinny1

I have noticed there are 2 types of hub cap. One with the spring ring in the middle, and one with the spring ring on the outer edge.

Does it matter which is which when fitting them to the wheel centre?
Are they both the same in terms of fitting?

The wifes current crop, have the spring ring in the middle, and i need to replace them as they are all damaged.

Interesting..

I thought there was only one kind of cover; with the spring ring in the centre. I bought new caps for the missus' second-hand Sport alloys I "accidentally" :D bought and the central spring was the only type I saw (although I was looking for the same as the old ones, so I didn't pay attention to anything that was different).

I suppose it may depend on the style of alloy wheel, so centre spring probably won't be secure on a wheel that needs an outer spring (or more likely, the outer spring cap won't be so secure on a wheel designed for a central spring, since the outer spring clips would have to grip onto something on the wheel, which may not be there if the wheel was designed for a central spring.

Ralf S.

Yes it's an odd one.

The wifes needs 3 new ones, and the more common is the spring on the outside, but I don't know if they will be secure or not.

Back