Technical All my indicators are on...

Currently reading:
Technical All my indicators are on...

popenator

I have just bought a 2000 Seicento and for some reason all the indicators are permanently on (not flashing) and the car will not start.

Can any one explain how I might start to troubleshoot this problem?

Thanks

Might be speaking to myself here, but i've found the insides of an immobiliser fob and little battery in the car, and fired that at what looks like a sensor on the dash to the right of the radio.

The indicators are now off

But several beeps are coming from under the bonnet, the car buzzes when I put the key in the ignition but doesnt turn over, and the CODE light is on.

Your help massively appreciated.

Sounds like the locks and ignition barrel have been changed, and to allow the car to start the original sensor ring has been left in place with the original transponder next to it. With the fob moved it can no longer pick up the key code, hence why you hear the fuel pump priming but are unable to start the car.
Only suggestion I can make, since your immobiliser is essentially useless anyway if that is indeed the case, is to get a chip from someone like gazzaman2k to disable the immob from the within the ECU, that should allow the car to start normally and I believe the chip also contains a slightly 'fruitier' map, last I remember he was asking £12 for them :)

Hope that helps

Hi, thanks for the answer. Although I dont really understand it.

I have two original looking FIAT branded blue/purple keys. These have the transponder in by the looks of things. And should match the ECU in the car.

And then theres this little chip in the car, like you might expect to find in a remote control immobiliser fob, with a battery. The chip has a button on it. When I push the button at this sensor thats next to the radio, a little green light comes on on the chip. It seems to communicate with something which sets off this loud beeping I described, more audible outside the car than in which only goes on for about 5 seconds.

Is this remote control thing an OEM device? Does anyone else have one and is the beeping normal?

Additional to this is the code light. Really I need to confirm if the 2 are linked somehow.

This car started and ran lovely on the test drive and when I went to pick it up. Its been sat for 2 weeks, and now this. Strange.

try charging the battery if the engine isnt turning and it doesnt sound like an oem immobilizer sounds more like my toad alarm/immobilizer which drains my battery enough for alarm and central locking to work but not to turn the engine over(y)

Thanks for your reply, its helpful in so far as its hopefully accurately confirmed that the Seicentos weren't fitted with a remote control immobiliser as OE.

I'll get a charger tomorrow.

Would really like to get confirmation on when and why the CODE light might come on.

Cheers

really? So the CODE light stays on while the keys are in the ignition position I, II , and while its cranking and only goes off once its started?

Thanks, Its good to get the facts right so I'm not troubleshooting a problem that doesn't exist.

At the moment, it looks like its the 3rd Party Alarm thats giving me hassle combined with a flattening battery. I'll get on it tomorrow.

Thanks, Its good to get the facts right so I'm not troubleshooting a problem that doesn't exist.

At the moment, it looks like its the 3rd Party Alarm thats giving me hassle combined with a flattening battery. I'll get on it tomorrow.

That sounds like the correct answer. Would be worth check what the alarm is drawing from the battery to confirm.

Simple test: Put the headlamps on then try to turn the engine over. If the lights go off, the battery is too flat to kck the starter motor.

Cheers

D

Back