General alarums but luckily not excursions

Currently reading:
General alarums but luckily not excursions

Thanks Stuart, found it at last.
Isn't a little light sposed to come on when you press it, though?

You're right, the diagrams in the manual are rubbish.

felix

Hi!

Yes, the little LED in the front windscreen does come on. You have probably done the same mistake as me to begin with - I kept pressing the blighter, yet no light. BUT if you hold it in for a second or two, then the LED lights - keep it pressed again to switch the LED off. Fool proof once you know how....

Stuart

Hi,

Just quote from Welptons re heater. £406.25 including VAT and labour. As you know, the diesel already has pre-heater installed. Thus, the kit includes exhaust, pump, timer, relay pack and wiring!

Slightly on the dear side i.e. not £250. Not sure if the wife will be happy spending that money on it. I am still tempted though! What do you lot think?

Stuart

Well, I can't afford that kind of money. And the heater on the aircon seems to be very efficient. This morning at -2 degrees and the *max button pressed, after I'd finished scraping the side windows the windscreen was already starting to clear, and the cabin was pretty good to sit in.

felix

Hi,

I know what you mean about the money! Having spent £20k on a car, £450 still seems a bit much, especially near Christmas. Also, I only drive the car at weekends, so it is only the wife [and children] who suffer!

Wonder if I could wrap a unit up under the tree for her??? Um...

Stuart

Hi,

It obviously needs the pump then, the Freelander had it built in. I would call Paul Gofton at Webasto and ask him for the costs. He is the expert on the car heaters.

Poggy

Hi,

Re-looking at the email from Welptons, the Ulysse only has a pre-heater fitted, which is adapted with the upgrade kit.

Oh well, I am sure I can twist her arm to buy it! We intend to keep the car for many full moons, so will pay off in the end.

Stuart

Back