Doblo Alarm woes

Currently reading:
Doblo Alarm woes

DADDEO

Hi there everyone, I hope you can help me.

Bought a Doblo 1.3 multijet Professional last summer and had a Gemini 7590 T2-1 fitted not long after. I've had no problems whatsoever until I washed it over Xmas and the alarm would go off at random times after setting.

Spoke with the guy who fitted it for advice, and after giving him some wrong information, was asked to disconect an internal sensor. Obviously this didn't work and after a bit of trial and error on my part I now think it's something to do with the door sensors.
I cleaned the sliding door contacts, plungers and all the door locks with contact cleaner and for one blissful day & night had no problems.

Went in my van today, rear door, and the problem has returned.

Question is, does anyone know of any possible reasons or solutions for this problem,
or anything else I can clean.
I'm going to speak to the installer again next week and tell him what I've "found".

Many thanks,

Jim.

Do you have a "door open" light?
Start the car, then with the doors shut, give each door a decent technical tap with your hand.
If your door sensors are a bit iffy, you should get an alarm on the dash.
Maybe you have water behind a door switch which will short it to earth, activating the alarm.

Hi Alwynmike. I've never had the door open light come on unless a door is open and where would I find the door switch to check for water?

Front door switches may be a black plastic plunger sticking out on the pillar where the hinges are. Rears may be on the latch itself.
If I haven't quite shut my rear (side) doors properly, they seem to be closed, but when I go over a bump, the door open light flashes momentarily, hence my suggestion of hitting the door from the inside when its closed.

Back