Technical Alarm Unavailable Warning

Currently reading:
Technical Alarm Unavailable Warning

clivegreen8

Hi,

Anyone got any ideas on the following when I switch my croma on I get a warning flashing up on the dash computer that says Alarm Unavailable :confused: ?? Any help much appreciated.

Cheer

Clive

As far as I am aware this is perfectly normal, when you start the engine you are disabling the alarm / immobiliser system, my alarm unavailable signal stays on for about 30 seconds after starting the engine then goes off, I have had no trouble with the alarm, try locking the car with the window open and then try opening the door from the inside, you will see that it works. Hope this helps.

Tried this and nothing ! The door just opened ? No alarm no nothing. All doors still locked ok from outside ? Anyone ?

As far as I am aware this is perfectly normal, when you start the engine you are disabling the alarm / immobiliser system, my alarm unavailable signal stays on for about 30 seconds after starting the engine then goes off, I have had no trouble with the alarm, try locking the car with the window open and then try opening the door from the inside, you will see that it works. Hope this helps.

No it's not normal. There is a fault with the alarm. All mentioned in the handbook.

Sorry to hear it's not working Clive, I am not an electrical expert so I wouldn't know how to advise, I expect there will be a need to interrogate the system with a laptop, I was suspicious of mine when it started doing it, but my alarm definitley still works. :confused:

Sorry to hear it's not working Clive, I am not an electrical expert so I wouldn't know how to advise, I expect there will be a need to interrogate the system with a laptop, I was suspicious of mine when it started doing it, but my alarm definitley still works. :confused:

It might just be some aspects that don't work, like certain sensors maybe :confused:

Back