Technical Airbag Control Unit Failure

Currently reading:
Technical Airbag Control Unit Failure

ASR FAILURE

Hello, i have a fiat stilo 1.2 2002 with airbag light on:bang:. I changed ocs sensor with ocs emulator, checked and cleaned the fuses under the driver's and passenger's seat changed battery(y). Then i scanned the car with FiatMultiEcuScan which showed me that the airbag unit has internal fault (which is present failure). So i checked on the internet and on e-learn and found nothing about this failure. Do i have to change my airbag unit or what is the problem? Has anyone experienced the same problem and how may i solve it ?? Thanks in advance :)

No i didn't managed to fix it, and so i posted again, so if someone can help me:D. In the previous post some guys kindly tried to help, but no luck... the problem still exists.... even though i searched in e-learn, changed battery and added some cables for earth in the engine and gearbox... (so the problem is a bit different from the previous post)... but if you want , if you think it's better, you may move it to the old post :)

Have you actually replaced the item which you have a fault code for? It sounds like you've got a fault code for airbag unit but you've not tried to do anything with that unit?

No i didn't change the unit, and i plan to go to the technician in 2 weeks, but i want to fix the unit myself, if i can (i dont trust the technicians so much) i prefer to do it myself.The diagnostic scan showed exactly: " 01- Control unit fault-unknown/internal error-Present-75 "

No i didn't change the unit, and i plan to go to the technician in 2 weeks, but i want to fix the unit myself, if i can (i dont trust the technicians so much) i prefer to do it myself.The diagnostic scan showed exactly: " 01- Control unit fault-unknown/internal error-Present-75 "

If 01 is the only fault code you have, then it's probably the ECU that's faulty. The ECU is located under the heater casing, so check for signs of water in the connectors.

If you need a new ECU, they are different depending on whether the car is fitted with 2, 4, 6 or 8 airbags. You need to get one with exactly the same part number as your original one.

Kali tichi.

Attachments

• PICT0325.JPG
    PICT0325.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 291
  • PICT0327.JPG
    PICT0327.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 248
The scan showed some other airbag fault codes but no other fault code was present. All the other codes were intermittent. Also checked the ecu and there no traces of water or other liquids, so i suspect that it may be the airbag ecu. Is it a posibillity that the earth points of airbag ecu are dirty?? If so, where are they are so i can clean them (just to be sure)??

Efharisto poli Davren (in Greek: "Ευχαριστώ πολύ" and it means "thank you very much Davren" :) )

Is it a posibillity that the earth points of airbag ecu are dirty?? If so, where are they are so i can clean them (just to be sure)??

If it was an earth problem, it's likely that you would have got an open circuit earth fault code.

There are two earth wires from the ECU (M60), one in each of the multi-pin connectors. In connector A it's on pin 1, and in connector B it's on pin 17. I think they both go to the black multi-earth connector which is bolted to the right side of the tunnel near the ECU. However, it could be that the earth wire from pin 1 of connector A, goes to its own earth point bolted on top of the tunnel, somewhere near the gearstick. I think the ECU housing also needs to be earthed via its 3 mounting bolts.

Efharisto poli Davren (in Greek: "Ευχαριστώ πολύ" and it means "thank you very much Davren" :) )

Nai... toxero. Milau liga elenika, alla den milau poli kala. :eek:

Attachments

• PICT0323.JPG
    PICT0323.JPG
    812.8 KB · Views: 163
  • M60 Connector A.JPG
    M60 Connector A.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 583
  • M60 Connector B.JPG
    M60 Connector B.JPG
    13.9 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
I also have open circuit earth fault code but it is not present. It is intermittent, so i suppose my ecu's earth points have seen better days.... I will try soon to check and clean the earth points and fingers crossed this will solve my problem... Thank you very much and when (and if) the problem is fixed i will post to help others that have the same problem.

By the way, your Greek seems really nice (even with the English letters :)).

hello i have a 2008 fiat bravo with a air bag, seat belt and passenger air bag disabled light permanently illuminated alongside that. the mileage is flashing witch i understand is related. i can not communicate with the air bag control module but have pulled a u1726 from neighbouring control modules. i suspect the air bag control module to be at fault. i have been in contact with a few company's hear in the uk witch sort of confirm what i think and offer a service were i send them the ecm for repair and recalibration making it a ready to plug and play ecm apon its return. what i was hoping to for is a little more clarity by means of testing power and earth to the ecm. this chat has help me with the information on earth pin location. was hoping someone may know the power distribution pins/wire location and really any information will be amazing.

thank you for you time

Back