Aftermarket ECU.

Currently reading:
Aftermarket ECU.

Right, I need help people.

I am desperatly trying to get hold of a stand alone ecu to run my 1242 16v turbo cinq. Looked on Ebay+search engines and have found a few but they are a bit pricey new. I havent got a problem buying a new one but wanted to see if anyone new of one thats for sale first??? Also it must have some kind of loom that I can work with.

Thanks Rich.

richcinq said:
Right, I need help people.

I am desperatly trying to get hold of a stand alone ecu to run my 1242 16v turbo cinq. Looked on Ebay+search engines and have found a few but they are a bit pricey new. I havent got a problem buying a new one but wanted to see if anyone new of one thats for sale first??? Also it must have some kind of loom that I can work with.

Thanks Rich.
you want DTA 48. very very good. being replaced by DTA,so bargains to be had.
can be fully mapped etc. and can be swapped between cars which is great.:)

Ok cheers. I had looked at DTA but had near enough decided to get an Omex system-I phoned them direct and the guy I spoke to was really helpfull and answered all my questions. I dont mind what one I get I was just hoping someone had a secondhand one floating around somewhere going cheaper!!

richcinq said:
Ok cheers. I had looked at DTA but had near enough decided to get an Omex system-I phoned them direct and the guy I spoke to was really helpfull and answered all my questions. I dont mind what one I get I was just hoping someone had a secondhand one floating around somewhere going cheaper!!
the omex is ok. sedicirich is using one on his tipo racer. but is not as flexible as the DTA. DTA is much more mappable. it does so much more. dont forget, you will have to make a wiring loom up to fit the omex or DTA. they do come on the secondhand market. ebay, ive seen them for sale. have you searched for one? :)

Dunc Uno Turbo said:
yeah i know, but is stane alone worth it on a cinq??

Dunc

If you go this far it is definitively worth it. And you can fairly easily bring the car back to standard wiring when you sell it and take the ECU with you to the next car.

Yeah I did think about and had a look at a Megasquirt as I have no problems with soldering circuit boards or making a loom but it just seems like a bit of a bodge thats all. Im spending around £1600 on this engine plus Ive got to build it yet so I want an ecu thats going to make the most of it. I must admit when I eas talking to the Omex guy that I was a bit put off with having to go to one of their agents everytime you want it mapped-thays kind of defeating the whole point of me getting a stand alone unit. I wanna map it as I tune the engine.

Rich.

Back