General AEB which needs to be turned on by the Uconnect™ system at every start-up to work.

Currently reading:
General AEB which needs to be turned on by the Uconnect™ system at every start-up to work.

Jh byun

I have a Ducato 2021 Van.

It is equipped with an AEB system, which needs to be turned on by the Uconnect™ system at every start-up to work.

Can you tell me why?

(It seems to work when turned on.)

Every time you turn on the ignition, i will see an icon on the instrument panel indicating that AEB is off.
When turned on on the Uconnect™ system, the instrument panel icon disappears.

Have a nice day guys.

It is equipped with an AEB system, which needs to be turned on by the Uconnect™ system at every start-up to work.

Can you tell me why?

Every time you turn on the ignition, i will see an icon on the instrument panel indicating that AEB is off.

Have a nice day guys.

Can you tell me why?

Have a nice day guys.
It should turn on automatically every time you start the engine. I'm also having problems with the AEB not initialising on engine start up. If you just turn on the ignition without starting the engine does the warning light go out after about 10 seconds?

It should turn on automatically every time you start the engine. I'm also having problems with the AEB not initialising on engine start up. If you just turn on the ignition without starting the engine does the warning light go out after about 10 seconds?
I think so too, but it's strange...
You should check to see if the warning light goes off just before starting.

I think so too, but it's strange...
You should check to see if the warning light goes off just before starting.
Mine has keyless stop/start so if I start the engine with the first procedure below I get a fault but not with the second procedure.

(1) If I start the vehicle with what I understand to be the correct procedure, that is to first press the brake pedal and then press the Stop/Start button to start the engine the AEB doesn't correctly initialise and the AEB warning light remains permanently on.

(2) If I start it by first pressing the Stop/Start button to turn on the ignition and then press the brake pedal followed by the Stop/Start button to start the engine then the AEB initialises correctly and the AEB warning light extinguishes.

Back