Technical Advise Needed - Vehicle engine not turning over.

Currently reading:
Technical Advise Needed - Vehicle engine not turning over.

RickyM

Hiya.
Please can someone assist me here as im no mechanic and know very little about vehicles in general so my description here might notbe the best.
Busy driving with there being no issues with my Fiat 500L. I stopped at the robots and proceeded without any hassle at all. I pulled over somewhere to assist someone and obviously switched the car off. When trying to start the vehicle again i was unable to at all. There were no warning signs at all water,oil,batteryfuel all good and in order. No warning lights came on at all.
So when I turn the ignition on and try to start the verhicle it doesnt kick over if thats the term used - it makes a whizzing sound when trying to start the car.
I have removed the timing belt cover asnd the belt is a tad loose but still in tact. When trying to start the car the gear on the cam / timing side does not move at all.

I think its the tensioner and pulley side - that tries to kick over though.

So im trying to say the bottom side kicks over but the top side where the head is doesnt hopefully makes sense.

Someone has advised me that the relay switches could be the issue here can someone please advise me or guide me through this?

Hiya.
Please can someone assist me here as im no mechanic and know very little about vehicles in general so my description here might notbe the best.
Busy driving with there being no issues with my Fiat 500L. I stopped at the robots and proceeded without any hassle at all. I pulled over somewhere to assist someone and obviously switched the car off. When trying to start the vehicle again i was unable to at all. There were no warning signs at all water,oil,batteryfuel all good and in order. No warning lights came on at all.
So when I turn the ignition on and try to start the verhicle it doesnt kick over if thats the term used - it makes a whizzing sound when trying to start the car.
I have removed the timing belt cover asnd the belt is a tad loose but still in tact. When trying to start the car the gear on the cam / timing side does not move at all.

I think its the tensioner and pulley side - that tries to kick over though.

So im trying to say the bottom side kicks over but the top side where the head is doesnt hopefully makes sense.

Someone has advised me that the relay switches could be the issue here can someone please advise me or guide me through this?
Is it possible the cam belt though apparently only a "bit" loose has actually stripped the teeth from the belt as you say cam gear not turning.
Is the whizzing sound the starter turning the engine but no compression due to cam belt issue? If so big repair job.
Try with ignition off and some one pushing with car in gear, to see if cam gear turns or not.

Is it possible the cam belt though apparently only a "bit" loose has actually stripped the teeth from the belt as you say cam gear not turning.
Is the whizzing sound the starter turning the engine but no compression due to cam belt issue? If so big repair job.
Try with ignition off and some one pushing with car in gear, to see if cam gear turns or not.
Thank you kindly Bugsymike much appreciated. Would this occur though so suddenly as the car was running fine i stopped and switched off then tried to start again but with no luck so im a bit confused here apologies i dont know much about how it works.

Thank you kindly Bugsymike much appreciated. Would this occur though so suddenly as the car was running fine i stopped and switched off then tried to start again but with no luck so im a bit confused here apologies i dont know much about how it works.
Worth checking for especially if cambelt slack/loose as can happen very suddenly with no warning. Hopefully not , but best eliminated before spending money in another direction.

Yes it can happen suddenly.

Follow what Mike is suggesting and report results

Back