General Advice needed on upgrading my Bravo..

Currently reading:
General Advice needed on upgrading my Bravo..

Bunny

Curse of the were-rabbit
I am thinking about changing the brakes (disc's and pads) n my Bravo 1.9JTD SX. At the moment i have the original ones on that came with the car. Is it worth changing them to say black diamond ones or red dot? Is there anything else i should upgrade.change?
I just want my car to be as safe as possible since i always have my 5 month old son in it.

tbh Bunny, unless you start really going for it (which i very much doubt with James in the car (it is James isnt it?)) the standard brakes are more than up to it. obviously if you get new pads dics and shoes all round it will be improved, but you wont need to uprate.

as for anything else, just keep it well serviced, look at getting the shocks replaced as that will make the car alot smoother and handle better as they will have worn. just keep ontop of things and it will be safe as houses for you and your familly

Like andy said, keep it well serviced and then if there is anything wrong the garage you take the car to to be serviced will pick up on any bits and pieces that need replacing due to wear etc

Thanks guys. I have a fiat mad dad and BF who will take care of the service side of things. That reminds me, I must book it in for a cam belt change tomorrow, for next week.

My brakes have been tested over the pass few days. People keeping on pulling out in front of me causing me to either stop or slowly down in a short space to avoid hitting them :(
Rob was driving my car the other day and he had to slam the brakes on when some marea decide he wanted to be where my car was. I guess my brakes are good enough.

The uprated discs are nice if you've got the spare money, but you'll very rarely use them (unless you're planning on running everywhere with a lead foot). One thing you might want to consider is getting the angel tune - yes, it may seem that increasing the power of your car isn't exactly a safety measure, but you never know when you may need the extra blast of power - if you drive your car very conservatively, you'll find you have an increase in fuel economy (back me up here, Nige), which means you'll be at the pumps less often (I know how expensive kids are), which is good, and if you need the extra power, it'll be there. For a one off payment that will last you the car's lifetime, you'll make most of it back at the pumps, and I'm a firm believer in the "have it and not need it, rather than need it and not have it" school of thought.

Hmmm angel tuning :chin:
Rob has mentioned before about getting my car angel tuned, but not till next year. He wants me get more experience in my Bravo first as it's my first car.

Back