Technical Advice for installing Aftermarket Head Unit

Currently reading:
Technical Advice for installing Aftermarket Head Unit

TheeBull

Hi All,

I recently bought a 2 din fascia to install a new head unit in my punto and have also bought the ATOTO F7 WE: Amazon product ASIN B0B8QWJR1D.

However I am having a hard time installing due to the wiring. The head unit comes with three bundles of wires, a wiring harness and two ISO connectors titled "ISO Connector A" and "ISO Connector B" (according to the slip that comes with them, the difference between the two is that the pin positions of the ACC/ignition wire and Battery power wires are reversed).

I have connected both ISO Connectors to the factory connection with the car and have had no luck powering on the device. Am I right in assuming I will need to strip the wires from one of the ISO Connectors and match the cables to that of the wiring harness?

If anyone could give futher guidance that would be much appreciated. I can also provide further pictures if necessary.

Attachments

• IMG20230308145632.jpg
    IMG20230308145632.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 116
  • IMG20230308150353.jpg
    IMG20230308150353.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG20230308150331.jpg
    IMG20230308150331.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG20230308150324.jpg
    IMG20230308150324.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 38
Hi All,

I recently bought a 2 din fascia to install a new head unit in my punto and have also bought the ATOTO F7 WE: Amazon product ASIN B0B8QWJR1D.

However I am having a hard time installing due to the wiring. The head unit comes with three bundles of wires, a wiring harness and two ISO connectors titled "ISO Connector A" and "ISO Connector B" (according to the slip that comes with them, the difference between the two is that the pin positions of the ACC/ignition wire and Battery power wires are reversed).

I have connected both ISO Connectors to the factory connection with the car and have had no luck powering on the device. Am I right in assuming I will need to strip the wires from one of the ISO Connectors and match the cables to that of the wiring harness?

If anyone could give futher guidance that would be much appreciated. I can also provide further pictures if necessary.
How did you get on with this? I’ve purchased the same however I’m struggling to get the steering wheel controls to work. Also radio stations to save the stored info.

Back