Technical Adding a Sub to GP

Currently reading:
Technical Adding a Sub to GP

ml84k3r

Hello all, just joined forum,
I was wondering what would be required for me to add a sub (Vibe CBR10 Active EVO) into the car, as an addition to the factory stereo system.
I only want a basic install but as i dont have the factory sub (i was impatient i had to wait till october), i have been told that i have to take the rear speaker connectors out of the block in the headunit and replace these with the RCA adaptors. (i looked at thread https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-guides/116553-adding-pre-out-rca-connection.html , but it is for the factory sub)
Is this right? i dont quite fancy choppin up a brand new wiring loom, is there an extension available for the wiring loom that could be cut up instead. The wiring and what not i cant see being a problem after this but its just this is a main concern.
Any ideas, tips, recommendations, as you are probably aware i am new to the whole subject of this, and probably even more obvious to you guys is that i am quite obsessed with keepin my car in best condition despite wanting to modify it (something i'm sure most, if not all of you can relate to).
If there is anything missing i'll just add when i check next.
Many Thanks

please, search the forums first.

its been covered and theres even guides.

well i have searched but i musnt have found it, albeit it was a quick search. I'll have another search then.

yeh thanks, i aint used the guides cos although i viewed em be4 i dint think they were exactly what i want. I have just found a blaupunkt rca adaptor in a search though, and that solves the problem i would think. So i thank you for making me find the answer.

yeh thanks, i aint used the guides cos although i viewed em be4 i dint think they were exactly what i want. I have just found a blaupunkt rca adaptor in a search though, and that solves the problem i would think. So i thank you for making me find the answer.
Are you sure that will work as blaupunkt radios made as standard HU's are different to the aftermarket ones. So maybe check the connections?

Back