Bondidan

Hi,

I just started getting error message: "ABS Unavailable Refer Handbook"

Anyone know about this ?

What should I do ?

Thanks,

Dan

Hey John202020,

I just double checked. ABS yellow light, beep and message come up after I turn the key, but not start the engine.

A couple of times this afternoon it did not come on at start but after I had driven a short distance, ABS Yellow light, beep and message occured

Message reads: ABS unavailable see handbook.

Thanks, Dan

I have been putting off getting a cable to plug into the car . . . I'll get on to that project and come back with a code as soon as I can.

Thanks for the advice ! Dan

Thanks John202020

I am a Mac/iOS guy and there is a lot of info to process to get wifi or Bluetooth ODB Kit - I'll order one on the weekend.

Very interested to hear about 'wheel sensors' I will report back the Error Code once I get it.

Thanks, Dan

I was going to wait until I got a Bluetooth OBD Reader . . . . but I have lost my nerve !

I now hear a low 'ticking' noise from front left wheel (I am right hand drive) and have sometimes felt ABS pulses on slow corner braking.

The 2013 Fiat 500 OWNERS MANUAL says if ABS light is maintained 'should be serviced as soon as possible'.

I'm grateful you mentioned 'wheel sensor' - that is where I will tell Mechanic to start. I will also request the OBD codes to share here.

My Fiat 500 Repair Manual mentions 'damaged wheel speed sensor mounting bosses; and loose wheel speed sensor mounting screws' these sound like the likely culprit. Screenshot of Repair Manual page below.

Too much for me to fix at home !

Thanks again and I will update with Codes and repair details.

Thanks, Dan

Wheel Speed Sensor Diagram.png

UPDATE

I went to a FIAT Authorised Garage, I had to wait three weeks for appointment and of course the error went away a week after I made the booking !

Mechanic got error: C0036-29 LEFT REAR TONE WHEEL - INVALID SIGNAL

I was sure it was the front left wheel !

He said there was some 'debris remnants' near the Tone Wheel and that a previous debris build up had worn a grove around the Tone Wheel and caused the error I reported. He cleaned it up and said the wear groove may/may not cause the error to occur in the future.

Mechanic closed saying "If fault happens again it will require new rear hub and abs sensor". I'm a lucky guy and reckon I will not see this error again !

Happy days it only cost their minimum charge of €100 ;)

Thanks to all here on the Forum for your interest and support = much appreciated.

Dan

Back