General Abarth questions.

Currently reading:
General Abarth questions.

Hi guys, Im in the market looking at Abarth Grande Puntos, with the esseesse kit, I have googled their MPG but havent really come up with anything other then the official figures, now I know you dont buy a car like this to worry about mpg but with an official figure of 40mpg is this figure realistic?
Is there anything I need to look out for when buying a AGPE? Other then the water pump and cam belt?

Kind regards,

Ryan

I haven't reset my trip computer for many months and my mpg is 33mpg, it's always sat around 33mpg. I only ever put super unleaded in it and do a mixture of driving, never turning the sport button off mainly for the nicer steering feel and the responsiveness. I have managed to get 45mpg+ out of it off boost driving like a little old lady but that's no fun! (y)

As for the cam belt I haven't got that far yet as still fairly low milage.

Hi guys, Im in the market looking at Abarth Grande Puntos, with the esseesse kit, I have googled their MPG but havent really come up with anything other then the official figures, now I know you dont buy a car like this to worry about mpg but with an official figure of 40mpg is this figure realistic?
Is there anything I need to look out for when buying a AGPE? Other then the water pump and cam belt?

Kind regards,

Ryan

I average 40mpg most of the time, thats with sport boost on and off. Mines not an esseesse, but running the same power, so i dont think economy will differ massively. But like you say, you buy one for the pleasure of owning and driving it. Mines up to 30000 miles, and hasnt ever put a foot wrong (touch wood)

I haven't reset my trip computer for many months and my mpg is 33mpg, it's always sat around 33mpg. I only ever put super unleaded in it and do a mixture of driving, never turning the sport button off mainly for the nicer steering feel and the responsiveness. I have managed to get 45mpg+ out of it off boost driving like a little old lady but that's no fun! (y)

As for the cam belt I haven't got that far yet as still fairly low milage.

Its age or mileage related, not both. Low mileage and lots of stops/starting is normally stated as recommended for replacement at 4 years rather than 5 years btw!

Thats brilliant mpg, when mines all mapped correctly hopefully ill be averaging better, i only do short trips though so will suffer more

To give you an indication, worst I ever got was 1/2 tank for 112 miles :)

Average around 25-33 mpg dependent upon mixed driving I have seen 45+ mpg on motorways on an economy run etc can get around 400 to a tank if driven gingerly (45 liter tank)

Thanks for the replies guys, so really itll be around 35-40mpg, other then the cambelt/water pump is there anything else I need to look out for,

Ryan

I've got an esseesse and I don't hit 40mpg ever. Even if I'm on the motorway with cruise control at 77mph and sport button off I'm still a touch over 35mpg. If you drive it how it should be driven (not like an old lady!), you can expect nothing over 30mpg, realistically closer to 25mpg.

I dont understand why just because we have a nippy car we have to spank it everywhere? If you drive to the limits of the roads your mpg will be high 30s with a remap youll be hitting 40 and up

Its easy to achieve 32-35 mpg, even with essesse. But it depend a lot of things, as always with fuel economy...

If you are carefull, more than 35 is possible.

Back