Technical Abarth mods

Currently reading:
Technical Abarth mods

exhaust

CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?? I'm looking for "abarth cylinder head and pistons" for my marea 1.6 16v. I recon that engines from bravo and brava are the same as mine.:cry:

No offence exhaust but you aint gonna get 'em !!.

Abarth, as the tuning arm of the Fiat Group, have not made any parts for ages, as far as I am aware. They where synonimous with the likes of the Fiat 124, 131 etc etc back in the 70's

The Abarth " philosiphy " has been resurrected of late but that is only regarding the newer models ie Grande Punto and the new 500.

Give the likes of Guy Croft a buzz, he has worked on Fiat engines for ever and there are other tuning firms that will be able to help as well.

Thanks guys. All what i found at the moment is polishing suction and exhaust sides of cylinder head, lowering of cylinder head, polishing complete exhaust manifold up to catalytic converter, and i found a turbocharger where i will gain power at about 150 bhp (only with turbocharger), modified ECU can give me rise of power up to 14 bhp.

Can you give me any coments how much power I have already gained with following items installed on my car:
- K&N 57i complete kit
- Denso Irridium spark plugs
- fuel - super 100 octans
- PTS power booster liquid
- exhaust - no middle silencer (box), only catalytic converter and rear Remus (twin muffler - up to 150 bhp capacity), all pipes after catalyst are dia 68 mm.

On highway i managed to gain speed of 217km/h in fifth gear at 6000rpm, easily, while there was a feeling of need for sixth gear.

Please can you give me any sincere comments, because I'm after abarth philosofy. (may be in couple of months if i don't succeed, i will install new 2.0 20v engine inside):idea:

I'd be surprised is a modified ECU can deliver an extra 14 bhp.

Also a turbo conversion to take it to 150bhp to me seems a waste when you can get and HLX Marea proberly for less than the cost of the conversion and have 155bhp and be more reliable with it.

Back