General Abarth Dash/Clocks differnt??

Currently reading:
General Abarth Dash/Clocks differnt??

Currently looking to buy an Abarth for myself (the wife uses the 1.8), and I've seen a couple but with different type's of clocks!

Were there any variations in the clocks over the years in the Abarth models?

Cheers

Yes, high spec abarths have nicer displays. Some of the later lower spec ones had the same display as the dtandard Stilos'.

A word or warning with Abarth's: The engines are very prone to self destructing in the 60 - 80K mile range and can cost a lot to fix (£1500 - £2000). Also road tax will also soon be over £400 / year.
If you still want one, get one with either very low mileage, or one that has just had the engine rebuilt.

Yeah, I've read alot on them.

One I've seen looks a very high spec, even with leather interior, but the same clocks as my 1.8. Is on a 53 plate too! I just thought it was a little odd!

I can fix any problems with it, even a full engine build if needed. ;) Although obviously I'd rather not!

The tax does put me off a little, but as there has been alot of bad feedback to the government over that recently and the fact that average everyday cars are going to be hit hard too, I think they may change it again!

Does the car have a Connect Nav+ sat-nav. It may be a lower spec one and someone has just added leather interior.

Parts for rebuilding the engine can be close to £1K, depending on what fails.

from memory the earliest abarths have white dials, a central colour lcd screen for radio / phone / trip / oil data, and 2 small rectangular orange screens within the speed / rev dials. one displaying the time, other with gearbox data (selespeed).

later "cost-cut" versions did not have a colour central screen, instead a small orange display showed milage / phone / radio / trip etc data. whilst the white dials remained only the l/h dial has a rectangular orange display (shows the selected gear on selespeeds). the r/h dial has a plain centre.

i have seen even later cars with black "1.8" dials, mainly on 54 onwards manuals...

will get some images upto clarify.
nice cars, bargain to buy at the minute though running costs will not fall.

Last edited:
originals;
18-trip4a.jpg

replaced by;
friat6.jpg

i think later manuals had the "black" dials...could be wrong.

if you are looking at 5 doors, post 2004 the 5 door abarths were refered to as "prestigio".....there's a nice black one on the trader at the minute for under £5k.....NOT mine, but once was......

Last edited:
Back