General Abarth con

Currently reading:
General Abarth con

vexorg

Prominent member
I thought all abarth cars with the little scorpian were the high powered turbo versions, now I just found out there are a number or tamer and non-turbo versions.

Ruined the image it has for me now.

The last car that wore and abarth badge but didn’t have a turbo was the 130bhp Punto HGT from 2001, that wasn’t a “proper” abarth and was a badge they stuck on it prior to them bringing abarth back in 2007

Oh and the new stupid electric thing that makes car noises like a children’s toy

A friend's daughter has one, it's a 1.3 petrol, they said that they come in different engine sizes and power, 1.3, 1.4 turbo, and 595 has a higher powered version of the 1.4 turbo. All marked as abarth with the little scorpion.

I've seen it up close, and looks pretty genuine to me.

Fiat does not have a 1.3 engine in the 500 other than the diesel and that hasn't never been in the arbarth

The only petrol engine fiat has that's a 1.3 is the new 1.3 turbo charged 4 cylinder firefly and that isn't offered on any 500 arbarth or other wise

And all 1.3 firefly engine's are turbo charged

So I'm not sure what car your looking at but it doesn't seem to be a factory car
Are you sure it's a arbarth 500?
And not something else

I'd be interested to know what it actually is and see a picture of the engine

I'll get some photos at some point

Back