Technical Abarth 595 seatbelt alarm .

Currently reading:
Technical Abarth 595 seatbelt alarm .

Vafung19802

Hi guys
New to the Abarth forum and in need of some help please .
Basically I’ve got a issue with the passenger side seat belt sensor I presume?

Its sounding even when the bell is clipped in and a person on the seat .

I looked in to the sensors under the seat and sprayed some electrical cleaner in to the sockets and clipped them back in ,
But to my horror the airbag light stayed on ,
I then googled on how to reset the airbag and managed to do this in a sequence of on off ignition turning .

Turns the car off and decided to maybe book it in to fiat .
Next day started the car no airbag light and seatbelt alarm was fixed .

A month on and now the seatbelt buzzer has decided to make itself known again even with the belt clipped in ??

Any help guys will be much appreciated
Thank you

Yes the female part. It houses a sensor (with a cable and connector beneath the seat).

Like I said MES (Multi Ecu Scan) There is an option to turn it off. I always wear my seatbelt except on the campsite where I go in the summer (max speed 15 Km/h). But when I go say 16 Km/h it started pinging. Not a good way to start the day when you just picked up breakfast at the store.

gr J

Yes the female part. It houses a sensor (with a cable and connector beneath the seat).

Like I said MES (Multi Ecu Scan) There is an option to turn it off. I always wear my seatbelt except on the campsite where I go in the summer (max speed 15 Km/h). But when I go say 16 Km/h it started pinging. Not a good way to start the day when you just picked up breakfast at the store.

gr J
Ok great thanks for the info , I also buckle up , but the problem I have is even when buckled up still buzzer is going
Don’t fancy taking it to fiat as I know there probably will be a hefty labour bill .
I’m new to the forum and not sure on the Mes system how do I get it and what do I need to do ?
Many thanks in advance 👍

I have googled it and not sure to what I need to do and do I need a part to plug on to end reader ?
Also just took the car for a drive and basically the buzzer sounds if you are fully more seated so bottom on the seat fully , however if slightly more weight on the left side of the seat the buzzer stops and seatbelt light off ,
Could this be the sensor still or a pressure pad problem ?

Passenger seat? No pad in the driversseat AFAIK. Sounds like pad if it changes when you move your weight.

gr J
Sorry AFAIK? I’ve tried googling a seat pad but getting nowhere any ideas where I can source from .
I rang fiat and they weren’t much help quoted £300 for a seat sensor they say it could be ??

And yes it’s the passenger seat that’s at fault

Ok thank you would you know where I could get one ? Or any links to one I’m totally novices on these Abarth’s

Back