Technical Abarth 500 turbo question

Currently reading:
Technical Abarth 500 turbo question

AbarthGK500

Howdy all, did a search but couldnt quite find the answer I needed...

Went out for a spin this morning, however my turbo gauge was not going anything above 0.4-0.8, with the car noticeably lacking the extra oomph. Only tried once the car had warmed up in regular mode.

Tried restarting the car and turning sport mode off/on but to no avail.

Has anyone come across this before? Any suggestions before taking it to the dealer?

Thanks in advance :)

Take it to the garage or a dealer if you're in warranty, if you don't know what to do without someone telling you then you're likely to only worsen the situation

Take it to the garage or a dealer if you're in warranty, if you don't know what to do without someone telling you then you're likely to only worsen the situation

:yeahthat:

From your previous posts, it would seem yours is a used car bought less than a week ago from a franchised dealer, so my recommendation would definitely be to take it back to the place you bought it and let them sort it out.

Do let us know how you get on and what they say the problem is.

Have to agree with these recommendations, you've just got it and from a main dealer, take it back! From prev issues with turbocharged cars in the past, it could be one of many things ranging from a not very serious loose or split pipe thru an electrical\sensor issue to a buggered turbo, not your worry, it's the dealers problem!

Ta all, was planning on taking it in next week, just wanted to see if this was an issue that anyone else had come across

Could even be a cracked manifold... heard stories of it happening.

Update: Taking it in on Friday morning to go for a quick spin with one of the mechanics, sods law says it starts working normally again at that point! :p

Most defenantly take it the dealer,chances are they wont be able to fix it either.My wifes A500 spent 8 weeks in a fiat agent for similar problem.

Had a drive with one of the Abarth mechanics, they said the boost shouldn't really go above 0.8 anyway (in my model anyway). Said you might occasionally see it spike up to 1.0 but the regular Abarth model is not designed to go up to that (apparently). Presumably its the spikes ive been noticing for anything above 0.8. Only the SS and above should do more than 0.8.

Case closed i suppose!

I do not see why the SS would have more boost. They are the same engine just the SS has a different ecu and few other things. Please can some one explain why i am curious.

Thanks
Daniel

It's the extra boost that makes the car quicker, the different ecu makes the car boost higher. More boost = more BHP = faster = more smiles.

Back