General A taste of my future......

Currently reading:
General A taste of my future......

If we're gonna get picky I agree about the lights. Added to that would be the arches but just in natural plastic. And finally a set of 14" Tempra/Tipo wheels (same design) spraying them black with a silver outer rim.

Maybe that's just a bit anal.

Nice car though.

M.

saw that mk2 at santa pod, (usc) it had a broke fog lamp so i offered to sell him one but after some drink i never saw him again and forgot,lol

which mk2? the black one or the green mettalic one?

cos I've just bought a green/blue metallic mk2 turbo with a bust passenger side foglamp.

as for the black hormann kitted mk1 in the 2nd ebay add. saw it yesterday whilst picking mine up, and erm yeah, its IMMACULATE!!!

the guy has spent in excess of £4k on it, not including buying hte thing.
the engine is non standard, he told me its an avanti engine, although he didn't know if he had any paperwork to back it up.
the bodywork has been done pretty well
the paintjob is erm, well its black adn theres no holes/overspray etc, but its not the deepest paint I've ever seen and in a few places has been buffed up badly.

BODY ROT = NONE, I don't think anyone will see a mk1 unoT that tidy underneath, I didn't see the rear turrets but from the outside/underneath its spotless, been stone chip protected from one end to the other.
only blemish on it is the slam panel on passenger side, ideally it should have been replaced/grinded down as there IS some surface blistering there, then been painted over (n)
also the two front turrets on the inside of the engine bay have some surface rust at the tops underneath teh ancillary mounting trays.

hasn't been run in ages, and the guy knows very little about it (yet he spends shed loads on it :rolleyes: ). think he's wanting to see in excess of £2.5k from it/. and given the fact a mint std mk1 turbo goes for £2k I'd say he's about right :confused:

also depends if its been fitted by a pro! not just cocked on! mr and mrs tinworm and their close friends mr and mrs metal moth will love hiding under there, growing!! ive rectified loads of kits where they are blended in and they crack after time as the shell flexes etc, i do like the hormann kit tho and would fit one, there was one on fleabay last week and was tempted, not for the misses ut tho, would have to start another project!! ones enough!! Ant!

A mint standard Mk1 is probably worth more than a Hormann kitted version, definately personal taste with that sort of thing.

:yeahthat:

As UT's get older and more firmly established as 'classic' cars the standard cars will be worth more than modded examples. The problem with modded cars is that it becomes a fashion in terms of whatever is 'in' when it was modified. Once the fashion changes it becomes out of date and a lot of people will not like it.

Keep aesthetic mods to a minimum and save the best mods for under the bonnet :devil:

also depends if its been fitted by a pro! not just cocked on! mr and mrs tinworm and their close friends mr and mrs metal moth will love hiding under there, growing!! ive rectified loads of kits where they are blended in and they crack after time as the shell flexes etc, i do like the hormann kit tho and would fit one, there was one on fleabay last week and was tempted, not for the misses ut tho, would have to start another project!! ones enough!! Ant!

We all know Mr and Mrs Tinworm and Mr and Mrs Metal Moth :cry: Quite amusingly put though Ant!

And yes, too many people botch on aftermarket kits and they soon fall apart/ crack/ craze etc.

As for that Hormann on Ebay, it's been relisted. With a buy it now of £170. I can't believe it hasn't sold yet as it is brand new and is a steal at that price. From Hormann themselves you'd pay something like £1700! Assuming of course it is a genuine Hormann and not a copy.

Anyway, here's the latest link. Less than 24 hours to go...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Fiat-Uno-Full...ryZ72207QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
pretty sure its a copy! even tho if fitted correctly there wont be a problem, its all about time, which is always longer when working on your own baby! also finding the right guy who knows what he's doing, like a lot of bodyshops your guarantee lasts to the end of the road, (its cracked and my paints flaking off) but he's been paid and has moved onto the next cockup! Ant!

Back