A record of delete threads?

Currently reading:
A record of delete threads?

I have noticed some threads have been deleted, and when trying to find them it involves trying to remember where they were, what the title was, then searching. Only to assume its been deleted.

So, would it be possible (or even sensible) to have a record of deleted threads? Then when i search for a post by, say, me, it goes to the 'deleted threads' section and I know that it has been deleted. And perhaps a reason, ie the 'sex tips' thread that went could look something like....

Sex Tips, thread started on blah blah, by blah blah, deleted by Custard ( (y) ) on such and such date. reason: Got a bit rude.

OK, no bother, just thought I would ask. I often spend ages searching for posts / threads and when I can't find them I go onto all the other forums I use to see if I really saw it somewhere else :bang: and in the end I have to presume it was deleted.

Actually, WAS there a sex tips thread? if so, did I miss anything good? :D

okie kokie.

So after some testing.

If a subscribed thread is deleted it vanishes from CP - no notification, or email.
If a subscribed thread is moved back stage it vanishes from CP - no notification, or email.

But moving the thread back to public sections, or un-deleting it does reinstate the subscription.

Again tho, no notification of any of this via e-mail - despite having subscription mode set to 'instant email notification'

okie kokie.

So after some testing.

If a subscribed thread is deleted it vanishes from CP - no notification, or email.
If a subscribed thread is moved back stage it vanishes from CP - no notification, or email.

But moving the thread back to public sections, or un-deleting it does reinstate the subscription.

Again tho, no notification of any of this via e-mail - despite having subscription mode set to 'instant email notification'

Back stage :confused:

OK, no bother, just thought I would ask. I often spend ages searching for posts / threads and when I can't find them I go onto all the other forums I use to see if I really saw it somewhere else :bang: and in the end I have to presume it was deleted.

Actually, WAS there a sex tips thread? if so, did I miss anything good? :D
Hold that thought :devil:

:idea:Actually if you buy the forum or otherwise get yourself promoted to chief cook and bottle-washer (sorry for the yank phrase, but i am one) then you can see everything ever soft-deleted ever, way more than what you surely want.

Yeah but most soft deletes have an expiry date so wont last for ever and yeah you have to be super/admin or owner to see all in all forums.

Back