Technical A newbie with a Tipo 1.4.i.e

Currently reading:
Technical A newbie with a Tipo 1.4.i.e

MarcAntoni

Hello guys, i'm a newbie here so treat me gently!! I want to pick your brains - I have a 1994 Tipo 1.4 ie, it's a great car - solid and reliable, however the instrument panel was faulty (the speedo needle zoomed 'round to max 99% of the time and only the petrol gauge worked) so I swapped it for one I found on ebay. The only problem is the new one is superior (and from a later, higher spec model most probably) and it looks MUCH smarter and has a rev counter (the original doesn't have one). I connected up the new one and everything works as it should BUT the REV COUNTER, can anyone help me sort out the rev counter problem? I'm not sure how it connects because it's not clearly defined (not to me anyway!) The wires were all colour coded and were exactly the same apart from one connector where a couple of wires were the other way 'round. I didn't bother trying to connect the wires for the 'electronic check' on the new instrument panel but I would love to get the rev counter working......can anyone help a lil' newbie like me?

i heard before that the rev counter is connected to the ignition coil
i dunno how, but its a start, look for wiring diagram on the internet
maybe its in Haynes manual

Back