General A litle more power?

Currently reading:
General A litle more power?

Marbella

Do anyone know how to get just alitle mor HP out of the Panda/Marbella
It is a 55hp motor. Just a pretty cheap way to get´some extra power?

||0-60: Some time tomorrow?||

Some sort of new air filter then?
where can u find these induction kit´s??

Buhu!, its only 29kw[V]

How is it one the Panda, is it like on Seat a Big black round thing that sits on the Carburator (air filet), Witch u can turn 180* deppending on if its Summer or Winter??

Is it the same on a Panda?, So u can basicly take the "big blck thinh, air filter" and replace it whit a samll Motorcyckle filter??

Hi

sorry to be a bit late into this thread..

A few questions about your Panda/Marbella

Which engine is it? (Does the exhaust pipe go down the front, or the back of the engine) Pipe down the front is the "FIRE" engine - used in Pandas, some Unos, some Puntos... Pipe down the back is the 903 engine which is used in Marbellas, Pandas, some Cinqs, and some older FIATs (it's an old design).

Depending on the engine is what sort of filter/induction choices.

BTW your BHP is likely to be 45, or less, as manufactured - but don't despair: when running at their best they can still surprise people.
To give some idea, my eldest daughters CL ( 45 "FIRE" ) does 40 to 60 in 4th gear in a bit under 12 seconds :)
As far as I know it is unmodified.

Have a look at

http://www.carsfromitaly.com/

and navigate through to the FIAT section, then MODELS.

Regards

John H

[V]its the 903 motor![V] The exhaust goes down the rear of the motor!!
Its 29kw/35HP, So can i change the motor to a bigger FIRE motor??
Or am i stuck whit a 35HP motor?, How can i Tune the Engine??

Thx for all the replys

/Emil

I had a look at

http://www.parkers.co.uk/choosing/performance/performance.aspx?model_id=269

which suggests the 34 BHP one is that engine as 843cc .

The 903 gives 45 bhp in UK spec for the Panda, which would be a significant increase :)

Engine from a scrapped Panda 45 (903cc) should help. (complete with carb and distributor).

Failing that you might find it's worth just fitting the carb as a start - I think you may get better jet size and possibly another barrel too.

Looking here

http://home-2.worldonline.nl/~eallefs/fiat850coupe.html#engines

(this is the engine yours, and the 903, is descended from)

suggests the 34 BHP is low compression - so there probably won't be 10 BHP available without increasing the compression ratio.

Search for
tuning FIAT 850 engines
if you've got the time and patience :)

It is a 903cc engine, Just read it in the Instrument...
The car was imported from Germany and is a 1990 moddel, But why does the Instrument state that it has 34hp if it in UK states that it has 45hp??

"903 cc 52 HP used in Spider series 2," so u can manage to get 52hp out of it??
And do u have any ide if its the Same airfilter on all of the 903cc? On the Seat u can take air from outside the car or hot air on the winter from the Exhust,,,

Maybe it was de-tuned for Tax reasons in Germany, or the Germans measure the BHP differently :) (but I wouldn't have expected that much difference).

Tuning, yes I suppose you could get 52 BHP out of it, but I forgot to mention the camshaft in the list of things which help it go better - that looks like an engine out job to change :(
It's down to time/money/enthusiasm/skill to get more grunt from it.

A quick look at the Haynes manual shows the filter arrangement on the 903 as you describe it:
>>How is it one the Panda, is it like on Seat a Big black round thing that sits on the Carburator (air filet), Witch u can turn 180* deppending on if its Summer or Winter??

Ok, thx a bunv for all the replays and answers, ill maybe write some more questions later'

/EMil

John,

My parents used to have an 843cc Marbella many moons ago and that had the air filter arrangement already discussed; where it's moved through 180 degrees depending upon the season.

However, the air filter on my 903cc Panda is fixed (as you might be able to tell from the piccies on my website) and has a large cover, secured by four rather hefty screws.

Hope this helps the discussion.

025.gif
010.gif
030.gif
021.gif

My "Haynes" shows the turning arrangement [:0]

Perhaps that was part of the change from MK1 to MK2 Panda.

I suppose to all intents and purposes the Marbella is a MK1 Panda: rear cart springs, and hammock rear seat, etc....

I don't think you will find one in the UK but I remember reading somewhere that the Lancia Y10 Turbo engine bolts directly onto a Panda Gearbox.

Don't know if it's true but wouldn't it be fun :D

Stilo Active 1.2 5 Door/ Panda 4X4

Yes, that engine probably would [8D]

But how about a 1242 Punto (8v) engine ? - that would fit too [:0]
Easier to get one of those in good condition.

You'd need the bigger disks and servo though, and fight off the Cinq. and Sei. fans...:D

Rather than going in for tuning and larger engines, is it worth checking that your engine is already set-up correctly[?]

I think it's worth investigating if the dwell angle, idle speed, and air and fuel mixture screws are set for optimum performance.

My 903, when tuned correctly, can suprise a few people at the traffic lights [8D]

025.gif
010.gif
030.gif
021.gif

Ok, yes i think it is secured whit 4 screws but u can still turn it 180 if u screw out the screws....
Yes its a hammock rear seat and stiff rear axel, that makes it a mk1... but is the BHP out take any different on the Mk1 and Mk2 if the engine is the same??

BTW, i just went to mallorca and finnaly found a "Master brake cylinder" it was not the same on teh Panda as the Marbella... it was german design on the Marbella part....
And the generator on Marbella is Bosch, how is it on the Panda??

Power on 2x4 UK Pandas are something like this

769cc, 25 KW, 57 Nm @ 3000 rpm
999cc, 35 KW, 59 Nm @ 2750 rpm
903cc, 35 KW, 47 Nm @ 3000 rpm

I understand there were different engines for the 4x4 which gave 50 BHP ( ?? KW ) to overcome the drag of the extra gears.

The last Pandas (post 1994??) are probably 1108 "FIRE" at 50 BHP ( ?? KW ) but UK import stopped around that time..

"And the generator on Marbella is Bosch, how is it on the Panda??"

I've just had a look - both "Magnetti Marelli"

The CL 45 Amps
The CLX 55 Amps

Ok, i just started the engine for the first time in 3 years!! and a litle starting gas was all i needed to get it started!!, And tommorrow the brakes will also work!, soon i can drive it, wohoo!

I think almost all the elctrical system in the Marbella is Bosch, :)

Now the only problem is if it is 25kw and some how De-tuned or if the instrument is wrong and it really is 35kw... But i dont know how the check it and be 100% sure of the BHP out-take

Obviously there is no substitute for running it on a rolling road.... But is there one near you [?]

The cheap way to get some idea of the power is how it drives...

0-60 is one way. But depends a lot on how brutal you are with the car for the first few seconds.

40-60 in 4th gear done twice in opposite directions on the same piece of road, then average the result. That is easy and painless.

Top speed [:0] But you are again at the mercy of wind and gradients on the road. You may also get done for speeding B)[:0]B):(

OK, so i´ll just have to check how fast a 35kw Panda goes and get some 0-60, 40-60 times and do the same thing whit my Marbella and se how big the difference is...

Shouldnt it be kinda big difference if one is 35kw and the other is 25kw??

Back