Styling A Good Waxing!!!

Currently reading:
Styling A Good Waxing!!!

paulmacs

147,Boxster S,GP Multijet
Just waxed the Stilo with Turtle Wax Extreme Wax Paste in the lime green tub if anyone has heard of it. I rate it highly.

This is the result:

Pauls_Stilo.jpg

Also painted the calipers gold though this is not the best shot to showcase the result.

Last edited:
Good thing about it is, it does manage to keep some of the dirt of your car. I love the colour of mine, but it looks like **** in no time at all.

Also, this wax, having used it on my old Bravo, stays on for a good long time. Well worth the money.

It looks well smart , i think i will invest in some of the said wax (y)

What paint did you use on the old calipers and did it take long????????? :sleep:

Rite -

Did I always have 17s? No the car had 16s, just the normal Dynamic trim alloys. I got those from the Brio catalouge. I think they suit the car very nicely.

As for the calipers, well, I thought the gold was a nice contrast to the red of the car so got some of that Hammerite paint from Halfords. Washed the calipers down, applied two coats, only took a couple of hours or so. Was really easy and im not any good with cars. Brings them up really well, and looks much better.

Your Stilo looks really nice Paul, very, very shiny!

Probably helped that your paint was in good condition to begin with, so a good polish will make it look even better.

I've attached a picture of my 19 year old Uno roof after what amounted to a days work. The paint had really badly oxidised, so much so that it was completely matt. T-Cut on it's own didn't have much effect, so drastic action was required. Two going overs with Turtle Wax rubbing compound got rid of most of the oxidisation. Then I gave it two going overs with T-Cut, and this time the paint came up really nice. Both these are good for developing arm muscles!

Then I used Turtle Wax High Gloss polish. I just happend to have a some lying around, I don't know if it's even still available. I gave it one coat, then a good buffing by hand. Then I gave it a second coat and used an electric buffing machine.

Then end results look pretty good I think, especially considering it's the original paint put on in 1986!

Bloody hard work though, and now I have the rest of the car to do :( Gonna take ages, but it should look nice when it's done :)

Attachments

• Dscf0059.jpg
    Dscf0059.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 31
Had a go with that Turtlewax extreme the other day! See what you mean by how well it polishes up! Shame it rained today, but its also nice to see the water beading and running off.

DSC000561.jpg

My pic wasn't taken in quite so sunny surroundings, but you can still see my other car reflected in the finish! :)

Back