General 97fiat brava - couple questions/problems

Currently reading:
General 97fiat brava - couple questions/problems

97brava

Hi all, i recently bought a fiat brava - not sure wether thats a good thing or a bad thing yet -couple things ive noticed

door locks keep freezing over - i know its bad weather at the mo but it dont happen on my other cars

whats with the build up of condensation - seriously i have to de-ice the wind screen on both sides in a morning - in and out - and then the side windows are constantly misted up

these are just minor details

my main question is - the rear wiper where does the screen wash come from - i see no jet anywhere, when i press the spray thge pump activates but nothing at the back end -i looked under the bonnet - the front are working OK-ish but when the rear is pressed it pours out from somewhere - i followed the tubing under a plastic cover that when opened revealed the tube connected to some kind of valve - a small black plastic thing woth a hole in the center - its from this that the screen wash is squirting from - i covered the hole with my thumb and got someone to press the rear wash on but again even like this nothing coming out at the back - but then i dont see a jet so whats going on there?

are there any other things i should look out for with these models or check :confused:

cheers

(n)just noticed the light switch is broken too - it turns on to the sidelightsbut then when u put them on dipped beam it doesnt go on unless you push them half way toward full beam

Door locks freeze on mine but I use central locking so not a problem.

Use epoxy to seal leaks and secure the tube in the boot. Mine works perfectly since I did that. The jet is small it's not on the actual wiper arm. It's flat against the screen if I recall correctly

Headlights you can either repair the stalks or get another set for about 20 quid on eBay. There's a guide on the fiat boo website

Windows will steam up if you have recirculate on.

My windows ice up on the inside sometimes, but the weather is below minus.

Clean the leaves out under the wiper tray to prevent leaks.

I think my brava is amazing, it needed work when I got it but i sorted it all myself.

Last edited:
checked the rear wiper today - the hose is all connected fine - its a problem with that little plastic valve - anyway - i took it out to look how it works and decided i should take it appart lol - be off down the scrappers tomorrow for another - ill grab a new light switch thingy too

thaqnks for the response (y)

Back