Technical 8V 1.2L type188 ValveShim-Bucket TOOL

Currently reading:
Technical 8V 1.2L type188 ValveShim-Bucket TOOL

Cagiva4ever

hi ! all

(ive searched forum alot....)

Any1 happen to have the Offical/OEM of aftermarket "Valve Shim-bucket tool" ? which helps to Remove the shims without Removing the Camshaft etc parts related....

in my Country the OEM tool or any equivaliment is basically not available, or costs Crazy money....

If any1 has the Punto mk2 type Tool, may i have a "paper Scale 1:1" drawing from it, so that i could get them made at my ex-machinist school, please.

Here is an "sample photo" from another Fiat model, and Punto mk2 specific tool is identical by Construction-method, with or without handlelever....

Source page:

Also from another point, Does any1 know a good-resonable priced shop in European Union for the Mentioned Type-188 Punto mk2 TOOL ? or other none-EU source...?

Im Fixing a Type-188 mk2, and im in a Spot where i absolutely must re-new some Bucket shims.......to save the Engine.....No possibility economically to use-hire a Shop to do the Work....

Today im about to Measure the valve clearences.. past days ive been Dismantling and Cleaning parts/areas.. etc Backround info etc checks W.S.M's ++ sample photos etc

im a Alfa enthusiasts my self, but this mk2 im Fixing for a Lady friend who got his mk2 Messed up by an idiotic "know it all DiY mechanic man" who end up putting 10W-30 mineral oil into the engine......it was Pissing oil allover engine room, luckyly it dint catch fire etc. but now it has horrible Valve shim-bucket Rattle at Cyl 1 and 2 area.... very easy to pinpoint the noisy area.
225 000km on the Clock.

i have now correct 5W-40 Fiat specific oil in it, no more pissing oil out from Crankseals etc and Valves got hugely better, Hurrs like Kitten at idle rpms and Oil pressure is Fantastic at all Ranges from idle to upper Revs, from 0,5Bar hot slow idle rpm's into 3+Bar on mid-higher Revs...

Total Kilometres 225 000km and the Mineral oil did its job and ate the Shims, it seems..... Deffo no BigEnd Knocking or any other bearing knock, either no Belt tensioner or any other Rattle....No clutch issues no any other rattles sources.
Lady used the car with the Wrong oil for about 2000km , with a "granny style riding low speeds" etc and the last 10-kilometres from it, it has had this Valve shim rattle (which seems to be a very very often found discussion topic on internet among Mk2's in UK etc...)

So now we are trying to Rescue the Car.......Fixing it at under sky at ParkingLot......

i have the Haynes W.S.M mk2 type 188. it has a very poor photo of their DIY made-modifyed "C-Spanner" shim-bucket compression tool. I can only assume that they used maybe a "Fork spring adjuster C-spanner" ? from a moped/motorcycle/ATV.... or summink....

BUT if some1 has a very specific idea-experience regarding a modifyed TOOL that i could copy use, please let me know.....!!

i dont want to Dismantle at this point the Camshaft and CamBelt etc, if i have hope for the mentioned "Tool"...

Since my last Post, ive done the DIY "fork tool" to get the Shim(s) out, and i got them out.

ive Measured (cold engine) all Valve clearences. and we have Ordered some new Shims. the 1st THREE shims counting from the Timing belt end, were having out of Tolerance Clearences (too much Clearence) , Exactly the area-spot where the humangos Rattle was coming-is coming from..

Now we hope that new Shims cure the Rattle and that Valve Guides arent WarnOut. as Due the Engine Hurrs like a kitten at idle rpm, so Silent that on many Occasions ive assumed that ive Stalled the engine as its so Silent running at idle under NO load.

New Oil Pressure sensor is also coming, as the old OEM sensor seems to have a "regular" Miss-behaviour under certain Circumstances when Test driving at Certain style (Closing Throttle/rpms from higher up ,onto towards lower rpm's/idle) ....

Back