General '82 and newer Spiders Side Mirrors

Currently reading:
General '82 and newer Spiders Side Mirrors

thommes

I used to own a '76. I'd like to get an '82 or newer as I've heard the car is a little better made? or at least coated to help deter the rust issue. From pictures, I see that the side mirrors are connected to the little windows. On the '76 these windows could flip open. Is this still true with the '82s and newer? The center console looks a lot different, ie the wood is gone and vents are there. I'm wondering how much that would bother me when I'm used to that center piece being wood. The latter isn't all that important I guess.

I believe that the mirrors you are referring to are only on Pinnin cars imported when Fiat left th US market after 1982. They are 1983 - 1985 model years. They are really fiat Spiders but were badged as Pinninfarina Spider 124 2000.

I believe that the mirrors you are referring to are only on Pinnin cars imported when Fiat left th US market after 1982. They are 1983 - 1985 model years. They are really fiat Spiders but were badged as Pinninfarina Spider 124 2000.

Yep. You're right. Its been said that the '83-'85s were a better made car. Coated to help reduce the rust out. Any truth to that?

Any of the FI cars are better than the carbed cars, generally speaking. The Pinnin cars came with rack and pinion steering which was a hugh improvement.

Oh yeah the 82' on cars are much better coated. I bought an '82 more than 7 years ago and at the time it had little to no rust at all which I had understood was a virtual impossibility.

Back