General 7 seater boot size

Currently reading:
General 7 seater boot size

alfavan

Hi All

Almost got new 7 seater multijet, should be here in about a week. :D

I need to buy a buggy for our new arrival and am not sure what will fit in the boot with all seats up. The one we have spotted measures 82cm by 48cm by 28cm. Any ideas if it will fit in? :confused: Can't get any dimensions from Fiat! :p

Thanks very much Maisie. (y)
The poor little has no buggy yet as we can't figure out what will work and what won't. :confused:

Hi alfavan
The wife uses a small folding buggy not sure of the name, but our youngest is 8 months old, if you dont need to use the rear seats in the boot, what we do is leave the bottom section of the seat clipped in to the floor and fold the top back rest down and place the buggy on the back of the folded seat,you may have to remove some straps at the rear of the seats other wise when you fold the top back rest down it pull the clips up that hold the bottom section of the seat to the floor,other wise the complete seat will tilt forward.

Hi All

Almost got new 7 seater multijet, should be here in about a week. :D

I need to buy a buggy for our new arrival and am not sure what will fit in the boot with all seats up. The one we have spotted measures 82cm by 48cm by 28cm. Any ideas if it will fit in? :confused: Can't get any dimensions from Fiat! :p

Hi, I was just listening to Pilton fest in the garden. If it's 82 cm long it would fit width ways as the boot seems to have just over 100cm of usable space but the narrowest point between the top of the seat and the tailgate is only about 16cm (there's much more at the bottom) but height ways you've got well over 100cm too. I reckon it's more likely to fit standing up as I presume the wheels are the widest point and these should fit top to bottom, if you see what I mean. Very hard to say without trying it, we were just past the buggy stage when we bought the Doblo.

Thanks for all the help. (y)

We testdrove a 05 and a 06 Zafiras too for 3 days and the boot is utterly useless in these too. The buggy used to fall out unless you parked downhill and even then...:bang:
Looks like the Doblo is similar....:bang: what can you do?

Maybe I should tie the new one to my Doblo JTD van and PULLL!! :D :D :D

Hi Alfavan

Measured the boot on the doblo which is an 05 model
the size is 1200mm from side to side, from back of rear seat to rear door at floor level is 240mm max but you would have to lift the buggy off the floor about 50mm to clear the seat mechanism to get this measurement and from top of seat to rear door is 160mm max.
I think they made the 06 doblo longer but could be wrong.

Maisie you're a star (y)

You can't get this kind of info at a dealers. Thanks very much. Much appreciated. I'll mark out the dimensions on the ground and play around and see what we can come up with. :) We have many small ones needing transport so maybe an umbrella fold buggy is the answer. Did you know that in Ireland and the UK a buggy sold for use from birth had a slope of 30degs for the back of the seat and in Europe it must go completely flat?:confused: I'm full of useless info like that at the moment. :D

Back