General 5th gear gone

Currently reading:
General 5th gear gone

WINNIE2021

10 months ago I bought a 2005 Fiat Ducato 2.3 JTD motorhome, all was fine, I drove to Devon and Cornwall for our hols, over a 1000 miles. Then the following weekend we were driving local and for no reason the van jumped out of top gear. Thinking nothing of this I put it back in gear. It was good for about 10 miles or so then the engine started screaming as if it was out of gear. We drove home in 4th okay.
I went onto the Internet to troubleshooting and discovered that this was a common occurance " the dreaded fifth gear syndrome " can anybody help me where to buy the parts as I've had no luck.

Yes thanks, the problem I'm having is trying to source the parts. I've looked all over the gearbox but cannot find the code, so it looks like I'll have to remove the side case to see if the part numbers are on the cogs.

Yes thanks, the problem I'm having is trying to source the parts. I've looked all over the gearbox but cannot find the code, so it looks like I'll have to remove the side case to see if the part numbers are on the cogs.

This is an option!

The forum has a copy of the Fiat parts system ePER

THIS MIGHT give you a component breakdown of its build based on VIN

Search EPER on here if you struggle..

A helpful member has recently discussed this procedure 🙂

I though the issue with 5th gear was solved after year 2002? Which gearbox code is the issue on?
I am looking to buy a 2.3 JTD manufactured -03 and hope this gearbox is the updated one without this issue.

Back